Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who, more like Doctor Why?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Yeah the ....snip...... 12th episode. weird.

What Reg said - but less articulately put

And I too love the new theme and intro - so much I had to create it as a ringtone :).

my phone also shouts Exterminate! whenever I get a text message which is very fanboyish but great for meetings ;) . The BBC site has a few sounds to download. The new Tardis sound is particularly good..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

And I too love the new theme and intro - so much I had to create it as a ringtone .
    Still like the very old version with the double bass

In searching for the MP3 of the new tune, I came across a site specifically devoted to making remixes of the theme tunes. The mind boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Last night's episode was pretty cool.

It was the kind of stuff I'd have absolutely loved as a kid. I'm sure some kids will be traumatised though :)

special offer we installed the vomitamatic at the same time :D

Great episode :) nice parody, Wonder does Sky have a 500th floor? and we got to see what murdock, cough I mean jagrofest looks like when relaxing at home :p

• Advertisement

I loved that actress from Black Books, was so glad to see her popping up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Was another good episode - kinda worried when I saw it was written by Russel T Davies (from hero to zero it seems; despite reviving the series, he's become a bit of a pariah with his cheesey eps), but the Doctor seems to have finally dropped most of the lame mugging and "fantastic"s for some more subtle ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

I'm loving the new series. Haven't looked forward to each weekly episode of a scifi / fanatsy series like this since Angel, and before that was probably Quantum leap....

Cracking stuff, tho I can see why alot of people wouldn't like it. But what do I know...I watch Andromeda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.megastar.co.uk/world/news/2005/05/16/sMEG01MTExNjI0MDM3MjI.html

The nanny state is wagging its finger again - this time wrapping the nippers in cotton wool over Dr Who and the Daleks.

An episode from the current, excellent series of the Time Lord caper - called 'Dalek', confusingly - had scenes where Dr Who's pepper-pot shaped sworn enemy was shown being tortured.

The 'torture' scene has proven enough to see the great and good at the British Board of Film Classification refuse to give the new DVD release of the hit BBC drama a PG certificate.

A 12-rating restriction will also apply to an episode of Dr Who featuring Victorian killer zombies. And Simon Callow.

We think the Daleks had it coming, but there you go.

Fer petes sake.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

I know!! First Episode III (tm), then this!!! Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will probably be 18s!!!! (altho the lead actor nearly is too)

• Advertisement

Another classy episode last saturday - it really is going from strength to strength. Excellent acting from the leads. Nice touches from the Guy who played the dad. Nice to see an episode where the Doctor doesnt save the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Must say Im loving this immensely; first few eps had me a little worried, but it's turning into something great; next week's looks great! zombies with gas masks :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Have to say last nights episode was very good, quite creepy, especially for younger viewers. Look forward to the next part to tell the truth. If only the Slitheen story was written like this, Ah well such is life.

LoL at the Big Brother theme this week
    That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Thought last night's episode was actualyl quite good - can't wait until next weeks conclusion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah the snippet with the Daleks leaving the flying saucers looked good.

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    If only the Slitheen story was written like this, Ah well such is life.
    The second slitheen story was much better dont ya think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Must say, the last episode was very enjoyable, looking forward to seeing what happens in the next season. If they can do more dark stuff I am all for it, interesting to see how the new doctor gets on. Maybe push Rose into a wall of spinning blades? Hmm...
    Really though, I would love to see the return of the Master again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Has anyone read the three new B.B.C. books D.W. novels? Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

The new Doctor Who is absolute rubbish? It's ****ing brilliant! If it's such a failure, why have TWO MORE SERIES and two Christmas sepcials been comissed?

Great revival of a great series. You'll always get people with sticks up their asses though. Ireland is so cyncical today. I wonder what it must be like for someone to just sit through a "fart" scene saying "Oh, this is so below my level of humour." ****ing hell.

The Slitheen episodes were generally regarded as somewhat low points anyway, but still great episodes.

It doesn't matter that the two part BW/TPOTW and TEC/TDD were the best things ever. It doesn't matter how much effort they put in to confuse and mislead people with the "Bad Wolf" thing. It doesn't matter that this sereis turned terrible washed up pop "artist" Billie into a very believable actress. It doesn't matter that the alien costumes were 10000 times better than the old ones, and cerainly up to Star Trek standards. It doesn't matter how frickin' cool the new Dalek Emporer is.

Nope. There were fart jokes, and aliens with zippers. That makes it terrible.

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    I wonder what it must be like for someone to just sit through a "fart" scene saying "Oh, this is so below my level of humour." ****ing hell.

Not as tragic as you might think. I do like the new Doctor Who a lot, but those fart scenes were boring and disgusting. I agree with a previous poster though, the second Slitheen story "Boom Town" was a lot better.

I never saw "Aliens of London" and all that. I saw Boom Town though. Though it was probably interesting for the Rose's family element rather than the Slitheen.

The Slitheen are quite a good design, just not for the 00s.

I'd just like to point out that there are new pics of Tennant up on the BBC website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

So what's David Tennant, the 9th or the 10th Doctor?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

foxybrowne wrote:
    So what's David Tennant, the 9th or the 10th Doctor?
    Tenth:

1)William Hartnell
    2)Patrick Troughton
    3)Jon Pertwee
    4)Tom Baker
    5)Peter Davidson
    6)Colin Baker
    7)Sylvester McCoy
    8)Paul McGann
    9)Christopher Ecclestone
    10)David Tennant

The Peter Cushing version doesn't count (that was Doctor Who, not the Doctor) and there are no incarnations previous to William Hartnells (despite what 'The Brain of Morbius' implies).

Advertisement