Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Powers North West Championships

Options
  • 17-04-2005 6:57pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Very quietly Paddy Powers have started doing local tournies in the towns in the North West of the country as part of the North West Championships.

Last week was Sligo which was a riot of fun and a huge turnout came to the Blue Lagoon where the nightclub was turned into a makeshift card room and 106 sat down to play. Since I was running the floor, you can bet the tournie ran to IPPTC! I explained the IPPTC to the players and the warmth of reception it got was good for the soul, people (particularly, I noted, the better players who presumably play a lot) were delighted and surprised that all the money was either going to the prizepool of the final night (25%) or the prizes on the night (75%).

Last friday we were in Ballina in the Ridgepool hotel where 63 players from the town came out to play (including a number of players who had driven from Sligo because they knew they were going to get a good game!)
    The standard of play was in general surprisingly good and only two players were knocked out prior to the break (its a Second Chance tournament structure). The local paper came out and took pictures along with the radio talk show in Sligo meant that the events are getting some good coverage!

Two weeks from now we are in Castlebar which I'm REALLY looking forward to because I'm gonna go on the megapiss with Kharn. :)
    So, any of you in Castlebar, we'll be rolling into town Friday 28th!

In the meantime, I'm gonna go to Tipp to actually goddamn PLAY a game for once :)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Howeareya Tom?

Any sign of anythging happeneing in Inisowen? Buncrana, Letterkenny even?

Mark

Advertisement