Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSLStats page

• 17-04-2005 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when the dslstats page for Eircom updates?

Mine is stuck on March 2005 and hasn't updated this month with my stats for April. I'd like to know how badly I've gone over my cap this month :)

I don't know if this happens every month because I'm only really checking it to see what cap I'm on now so does it always take ages or is this because of the recent upgrades

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Mine has been like this since the upgrade. Might have something to do with increased caps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Mine's the same, been so since the upgrade.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has heard anything from eircom about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

At least there's a nice excuse if they decide to start charging for going over the cap

"I swear I didn't know... the DSL stats page didn't tell me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

heres hoping :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

How are you people even getting into the stats page? I've been using http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/.
    I enter my phone & account number but it just comes up with:
    Error
    Error: Invalid Username/Password

Absolutely useless, no other explanation in the error - I'm just left to think that I've done something wrong. Broadband Support said "Oh yeah, it's probably just down at the moment, try it in an hour..." - that was two weeks ago!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It works for me, just make sure that you enter it in the format 01-8888888. I was leaving out the '-' and it was giving me the same message. Once you get in, it wont show this month for some reason. Its weird, but when it works its very handy.

p.s. I doubt that anyone has actually emailled them to tell them its broken, I wonder why that is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

good point lol [just assumes its routine maintenance :-) ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Might be obvious but just make sure you are entering in the area code too. eg 014555555

Works fine then.

OK thanks guys. :) I am entering everything correctly.

Rang support again there. He tried the stat login using my details and it didn't work for him either. He said that it's to do with the caps changing.

"sure try it again next week I'd say"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I still login using my username and password..try that? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

CatInABox wrote:
    It works for me, just make sure that you enter it in the format 01-8888888. I was leaving out the '-' and it was giving me the same message. Once you get in, it wont show this month for some reason. Its weird, but when it works its very handy.

p.s. I doubt that anyone has actually emailled them to tell them its broken, I wonder why that is :D

wow Thanks! I was having the same problem, use "-" worked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SqUEE

Its all part of their evil plan to steal all our money.

Eircom executive says: "First we'll Increase the download speed * 4 and then we wont let them know how much they've downloaded. They will download an internet space the size of Ireland! MUHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

you can also log onto to see your stats using your dsl username/password frm the eircom site, you dont have to use your phone number and bb account number.
    I find it easier to remember :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Stats pages are back now. Most recent month is on the top now. March's allowance seems to reflect the higher caps. Just as well, since I downloaded 15 gig that month! (A paltry amount for some of you, I know!)

Am I missing something here? :confused:

bbstats.gif

My cap is being reduced to 4GB in May.. Great!

i'm on the 2mbit package and my allowance on the stats webpage is 16gb and yet my friend who is on the same package got a letter from eircom saying his cap is 20gb
    any ideas ? :confused:

maybe they accidenly put him on a business package? which has 20gb cap with 2 meg speed.

hmm I just had a look at the eircom packages
    now how does this make sense

eircom broadband home plus 54.45 (incl vat) 16gb download 2mbps/128bps

eircom broadband business starter 54.45 (incl vat) 20gb download 2mbps/128bps

so can anyone think of a reason why I shouldnt upgrade to a business starter and get and extra 4gb download cap for the same price ?

madness

Do they not only let businesses get business accounts?

• Advertisement

interleaving? if you are a gamer, it will hurt.

morlan wrote:
    Am I missing something here? :confused:

bbstats.gif

My cap is being reduced to 4GB in May.. Great!
    Maybe they're reducing people who don't use it that much... you seem to not have used much of your bandwidth allowance...

that'd be stupid though......

steveland? wrote:
    Maybe they're reducing people who don't use it that much... you seem to not have used much of your bandwidth allowance...

that'd be stupid though......

I may not use it much right now but I may decide to download 4 gigs at the end of the month. Either way, I'm not paying €39.99 (inc. VAT) a month for a paltry 4 gig cap!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the eircom stats are still down for me, all im getting is my rundown of what i downloaded this year up till last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,958 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah... stat pages is back!

God bless Eircom.. the stats page was down for about half a month. And God forbid we expect some sort of improvement?

... they come back with a shi*ty looking graph. And my downloads up until the 13th... and here i thought they'd improve the accuracy of the stats.

"Cowboys, Ted... they're a bunch of cowboys!" :D

I think you need a VAT number to get the business account dealie

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

do they distinguish web page surfing as opposed to downloading when adding up your usage??

or is it all the one???

ronan001 wrote:
    do they distinguish web page surfing as opposed to downloading when adding up your usage??

or is it all the one???

yea, I'm interested in this too, since I download erm... some "bad pics" sometimes, so wanna know if they actually see the data downloaded

*Everything* that comes into your PC from the internet has been downloaded (unless it was taken from your PC's cache (i.e. it's a small graphic from a site you visit a lot, so the browser (should) take it from your Temporary Internet Files folder instead of downloading it.

It does not matter if it's an HTML file, an email, a jpeg, a Flash game, executable, zip file, avi file, whatever, or whether it was downloaded from a web site, FTP site, as a torrent, from any other P2P service...if it comes from outside your machine, it's counted towards your allowance.

Now...just surfing pages for the entire month would not scratch the surface of your cap. If the average page might be (say) 100KB. 10* of these would be a megabyte, and 80,000 would be 8GB. If you spent a minute on each page, it would still take nearly two months to read them all! To flip that on its head - if you spent 5 hours a day surfing 100k pages, spending a minute to read each page, that's approx 30MB per day, or around 1 GB each month.

Hope this helps...

*(I'm just using rough numbers for simplicity - anal retentive nerds avert your eyes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

i like that new stats graph :P

viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=21&pid=409

Btw that post by morland with the Picture showing his cap going down has been photoshoped :), notice how only the text that says his cap is going down is anti-aliased and the other texts on the page is not :) .

Advertisement