Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell's Kitchen

• 17-04-2005 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Well it all kicks off tomorrow night. I loved the first series; if not from an entertainment point of view it was very interesting to watch the fire-and-brimstone means of management. In fact, I think that's where this one might fall down.

Gary Rhodes is the furtherst thing from Gordon Ramsay but then we've only seem him in action in the context of TV cookery. I believe he can crack a whip as good as GR.

I've never seen Jean-Christophe Novelli in action. In fact, I've never heard of him before. A quick Google reveals that he was once voted the World's sexiest man. He comes out with stuff like "Being a cook is the only job
    where you use all five sense... like making love
    ". So if nothing else, the chicks'll love 'im :)

And it's 10 Josephine/Joe Soaps - not celebs?! The more I read about it the more I think they should have at least changed the title. The whole Gordon Ramsay/Hell thing worked very well. This doesn't seem to be the same thing. People will be drawing parallels between this and the previous one and won't find anything so I don't think it'll be as popular.

Still though, looking forward to it.

Advertisement