Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with NetLimiter

• 17-04-2005 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Ok, I just downloaded NetLimiter, in the hope I could guarantee about 20kb/s of bandwith to my xbox at all times, to make sure I wouldnt have huge lag when someone downloads off this computer, however netlimiter only seems to work for different programs. My setup is like this : prestige 623R-T1 connected to a Linksys befw11s4 wireless router. The computer is wired to the befw11s4, and my Xbox is wireless connected. Is there any way to guarantee it gets the bandwidth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

at the top of the netlimiter screen (above where the programs are listed) there's a box where total bandwidth can be limited. thats where you should apply your limitations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

Well I don't want to limit the computer when the xbox isnt being used. Just want to make sure the xbox will get the bandwidth it needs, taking preference over downloads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Terra

What you want to do is limit bandwidth for each computer.

As in specify how much bandwidth each computer is allowed to use.

Netlimiter is only usefull for a single system.

If you want to manage bandwidth accross say a network of systems you would need something like bandwith controller.

http://www.bandwidthcontroller.com/

Advertisement