Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it my breath?!

• 17-04-2005 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Why is it that if you blow into a dog's face they get very ennoyed?!Put them in a car and the heads out the window!What's that about hah?! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

i guess you answered your own question. Yes, it is your breath! :D

...ok.

I'd presume cos they choose to stick their heads out the window? Its like going for a shower, you don't like it if someone pours water over your head, but you do if you choose to do it yourself!

Perhaps you should ask your dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

LOL

Good thread. I do it to my 2 little dogs and they hate it. Open down the window and they proudly stick their heads out, snorting and sneezing.

:confused:

I often Wondered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Myth wrote:

Perhaps you should ask your dog.

Reye Ron't Ro Ryth!

Reye Ron't Ro Ryth!

What's that lassie? There's a fire? In the barn? 2 miles south of the old plateau?

• Advertisement

Ruff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

well, do you like it when they breathe in your face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

It could be your b.o.!!!

.....n.e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Was this moved from P.I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Reye Ron't Ro Ryth!
    Myth wrote:
    What's that lassie? There's a fire? In the barn? 2 miles south of the old plateau?
    Ruff

You guys crack me up.Keep it coming

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

My dog loves it, if i blow on his noise he tries to lick the air and my mouth/lips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Why are you mean people blowing in dogs faces, have a heart.

I guess they like sticking their heads out of the window because they feel like they are running really fast... i know i do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Lenny wrote:
    My dog loves it, if i blow on his noise he tries to lick the air and my mouth/lips

the stun gun didn't leave any long term damage then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 aku0000

dogs ears are very sensitive to wind. they use it to tell if they are upwind or down wind. to them sticking there head out the window seams like natoral wind. blowing is sudden, changing and not stable.
    think of it this way if you are standing up in a room. your sence of gravity is telling you that the ceiling is up and the floor is down. but if someone messes with your sence of balance (like in those rocket things in a carnival) you become confused -esp. if you didn't choose to go in.

also there are 6 sences. sight, sound, touch, taste, smell, ballance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Lenny wrote:

Don't mean to sound rude but...Didn't you kill your dog with a shock gun at some point in time..or was I thinking of someone else ??.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Smell the back of your wrist.
    Lick the back of your wrist.
    Smell the back of your wrist.

Or it's a control thing for the dog, (meglomaniacs all)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

impr0v wrote:
    the stun gun didn't leave any long term damage then?

lol.

i'd be annoyed with some blowing on my face.

no innuendos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Why is it that if you blow into a dog's face they get very ennoyed?!Put them in a car and the heads out the window!What's that about hah?! :rolleyes:
    Dunno. I tried that on a cat before and it clawed my face, so it's not a dog-specific phenomenon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

my dog is always blowing on my face- it pisses me off seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moved from AH
    (Feel free to throw it back to me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Is it not possible that the dog dislikes the amount of C02 in your exhaled air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The main reason why they don't like it is because they can't do it back to you... :D:D:D

On a more serious note ...doggy sticking head out the window ...not a good idea! Serious eye infection / inflammation is a very likely result. Dogs are far more sensitive to that than humans, especially those breeds with drooping eyelids.

and yes, sticking your head out of the window of a driving car IS different than a windy day at the beach

So this is where this thread ended up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭conformist

it is your breath stop swallowing

Advertisement