Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online poker with firewall

Options
  • 17-04-2005 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

i get my internet access through college and am hence stuck behind a firewall. are there any internet poker sites that i can actually connect to coz any of the ones ive tried have failed. Am not really looking for a http tunnelling or fancy hackerish way of gettin thru the firewall (not willing to put my internet access at risk!), but if there are any sites out there where i could play could someone let me know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭evilbert

you could try the non downloadable version of pacificpoker. if works in trinity but most of the computers are too slow to acomodate the software

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

evilbert wrote:
    you could try the non downloadable version of pacificpoker. if works in trinity but most of the computers are too slow to acomodate the software

I work as a network admin in a college and we use a package called websense which will block all gambling sites, so if your college has the same set up you won't be able play. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

pokerroom.com non download version

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Your best bet will be a non download version, as others have mentioned. The poker sites themselves are probably banned though, so, you will then need to go through anonymizer, like the cloak.

http://www.the-cloak.com/anonymous-surfing-home.html

Problem is if your uni uses websense then the anonymizers will propably be banned also.

Failing that you can try to proxy through the google translation service. The uni probably doesn't block it and it can be used to bypass websense. Not sure if you will be able to run poker through it though.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

I think you can bounce through matrix in trinity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

thanks. ill try some of these out and post the results.

pokerroom (non downloadable) goes to connect, but fails after however many attempts.
    Now trying pacific poker (non downloadable), but its been stuck on 90% for a good while now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Try party poker, it was the only one I could load on my company laptop

Culchie wrote:
    Try party poker, it was the only one I could load on my company laptop

Party poker, despite its insistence on placing shortcuts everywhere, also fails.

Advertisement