Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the dumbest thing you've done while drunk?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

mate of mine broke 4 his toes taking a massive swinging kick at a bollard....turned out instead of being plastic it was plastic filled with cement,ranks up there with one of the funniest moments of my life,him roaring in a heap on the road,me having to laugh out loud and point while maintaining my balence!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I suppose typedef'ing my best mate's aunty would have to be the dumbest thing I ever did while drunk (in fairness she was only about 4 years older than us) but she seemed like a good thing to do at the time.

Thankfully my mate forgave me after a drunken night out when he revealed how he'd had the hots for her for years but that I could have her, as incest was frowned on in his family !

Oh yes, and I threw my mobile in the liffey once cos I was drunk and didn't want to answer it......It seemed the perfect solution at the time!

The funniest thing I ever saw thought was after a night out down in Kildare with my cousins we ended up going to Abrakebabra only to be confronted with the following sight upon entering......some guy with pants around ankles squatting at the counter taking a dump on the floor while shouting that his kebab tasted rotten so they could have it back and he wanted a refund (He'd already eaten it!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

ran around traffic with a replica pistol in down town bangkok with a bag of cheap grass in my pocket after a bucket of mekong whisky and diet pills.
    Then paid a thai to let me drive his tuk tuk back to the hotel.

scary thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

had a lock in,
    got quite inebriated,
    painted a stairs,
    climbed a telly/radio tower(see pic)
    http://www.castlebar.ie/photos/dailyphotos/castlebar/spencer-park-20040317/glry/dscn6867.jpg

smart?
    no

fun?
    you can bet your barnacles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I once carried home part of someone's wall and I plan to turn it into a card table!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ah jebus... i've just remembered the night of my life that i've been trying to forget for 3 years :o

first off, i drop kicked a friend's car keys - this was when we'd only just ****ing well arrived at a party in the middle of nowhere!
    i spent an hour or so trying to find them (most of that time was spent drinking iirc...)
    i soon gave up, found a mate and took some illicit substances.
    ehm... at some stage i tried rugby tackling some young lad (about 15) only to find out that he'd been doing tae kwando (sp) for the past 5 years. cue me getting flipped ninja style and spraining my ankle.
    i then started chatting up some 16 year old chick, who confided in me that she was scared ****less of dogs... funnily enough a friends jack russel walked past a few minutes later and i thought it'd be funny if i picked it up and shook it in her face :confused: (heh. that sounds dirty)

the friend who's keys i'd lost had to call his dad and get him to drive over with the spare set of keys... i decided that i hadn't had enough partying and so declined a lift home.
    at around 7pm on sunday - almost 24 hours since arriving - i decided i'd had enough and got a lift to a town about 11 miles from my house.
    i then started hitching home. as if my sprained ankle wasn't punishment enough, at around this stage, i started to lose my voice.
    covered in mud and limping like a mofo, i had to hobble for about 2 miles before anyone picked me up. and in the state i was now in (i needed bed and i needed bed BAD) getting picked up with a priest was pretty much the last thing i wanted to deal with...

man i miss the bad old days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

This has to be the funniest thread I've read in ages ... what is it about peoples drunken misfortunes that make me lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Came out of the Longstone pub and was bursting so went across the road and began to pee against a buliding, which turned out to be the Garda station, sobered up so quickly that night.
    Theres loads, peed in the hotpress, in a mates bedroom, into my toilet bag, theres loads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Whilst in college, went to a niteclub, robbing pints etc. cos I was skint (I don't condone the robbing of pints by the way), anyhoo, I got so drunk that I robbed a pint which I thought had "goldfish" swimming around in it, the pint was an odd colour too but I drank it anyway...
    Turned out someone had poured an ashtray into said pint and the "goldfish" were cigarette butts, mmm, lovely...
    The following hours involved me projectile vomiting everywhere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Hmm have done a couple of things while drunk i'm not very proud off.

1st and for most would be went to a 2k party , had 2 pints in the pub and brought about 6 cans back with me, only 2nd can i blank ( found out later someone thought it would be funny to spike my drink, didn't think it was so funny when i found out who it was and i broke thier arm). I did several dances, redision of west side story, Fell in bullet time ( well thats how everyone discribes it, was at a 60 deg. angle according to them). walked around the house bolloc naked apart from a Paddy hat on me. Dressed again at some stage, crashed the nextdoor neighbours party , intergrated both parties some how. at fireworks time chased the streaming rockets with 2 of my friends being dragged behind me.
    Then upon hearing about my matrix style performace, was doing it again , except this time fell , hit a door and smashed it through it's door frame the wrong way with my head ( got concussion).

No one noticed that part, fell asleep in the sitting room, snorring so bad that everyone took turns trowing things at me. Got a lift home the next day with a roaring headache, asked a the guy driving what i got up to. I went as red as the car , and didn't drink again for 6 months .. till i found out what happend to my drink :mad: .

happier times :

Walkign around a mosquito infested forrest in my underware ( got bit 47 times and had a trip to tripsville )

Stole a bottle of Gin from a bar on a booze cruise got caugth and spent the night in the drunk tank.

Stole every traffice cone on my way home from a friends house and put them all around one car ( must of been at least 15 cones).

Another time stole everything , cones , signs lamps on the way back to a mates house. and aranged it all in his living room for him. ( he didn't bat a eyelid).

Getting drunk enough to not be able to focus on anything .. eating what i though where crips and turn out it was magic musshys and laughing my head off reading the electricity bill.

Going up the stairs of the party to puke in the jacks .. getting up stairs , forgot what i had come up for , and going back down.

Doing a nick knack on someons house .. with them standing in the garnden.

eating 2 16" pizza's with everything on them , a breakie roll and still being hungry ( now that is my best , the look on everyones face was priceless).

Hacking into my old employers voice mail system and leaving him a message from the exchange it self , i still worked for them at the time and had several meetings about it as it wasn't meant to be able to do that.

Went drinking with one of my bro's woke up on a park bench ...

Slept with some really minging girls.

Feel asleep in front of the door with my key in the door, woke up got in, dad see's me and askes where i was , i blurt out "A party"

all in all :o .

Thankfully i don't drink half as much as i used to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AllStar

broke my ankle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Know a guy who broke his neck after running and trying to jump over a concrete bollard. Got up and went home, then went to docs couple days later and was told this. Feckin mad. Did he stop drinking..eh..no :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

Stood naked from the waist up on the Quincentennial bridge at 5am shouting at the river. apparently i was quite angry at it and dangled very far over the railings, luckily had concerned, slightly less drunk friends to pull me back.

Confessing true feelings for a female friend. she won't talk to me now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Ruadan wrote:
    Stood naked from the waist up on the Quincentennial bridge at 5am shouting at the river. apparently i was quite angry at it
    Lol, that must've been a very funny sight. ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

My bf got arrested for his own good!!
    so said the police officer that took him in. he was just standing on o connel street bridge.
    i was called to pick him up and he showed me the statment they took from him

" it wasnt me i didn't do it oh, no wait i did ye that was me. wht do you think?!!"

he had to go to court over it but it was fine. slap on the wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

this is the funniet thread i have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GoldenGirl*

Lost my shoe (on 3 seperate occasions) got sick on my b day cake, table danced wearin a skirt persuaded d milkman t giv me n my friends a lift home aft we spent our last 5 persuadin d barman t giv us 3 sambuca shots each, decided t stay out all night so I cud go shoppin d nxt day( got home at 6 d folowin evening) n took all d money out of my account in order t buy more vodka n red bulls..... N now am abt t go out n hav another drunken adventure yipee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭|Referee|

woke up in a fountain wearing no underwear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Lost my shoe (on 3 seperate occasions) got sick on my b day cake, table danced wearin a skirt persuaded d milkman t giv me n my friends a lift home aft we spent our last 5 persuadin d barman t giv us 3 sambuca shots each, decided t stay out all night so I cud go shoppin d nxt day( got home at 6 d folowin evening) n took all d money out of my account in order t buy more vodka n red bulls..... N now am abt t go out n hav another drunken adventure yipee!!

dats grt but plz dnt use d fookin txt spk! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ms Bitch

nearly got killed in france on a school tour, walked out into the middle of the road pretending to be a guard.

drank a pint glass of brandy straight, got stomach pumped.

been with some dawg ugly blokes.
    pretty much it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

doggiepaw wrote:
    asked my mom if she would like a cheese sandwitch then bashed her over the head with a shovel

Am cryin laughing at that one.
    Megatron wrote:
    Doing a nick knack on someons house .. with them standing in the garnden.

Would've loved to see their face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Ended up on the back of a float that was in the Rose of Tralee parade, waving at everyone.... and i live in Cork :rolleyes:

Head-butted a headstone in a graveyard in the middle of nowhere. Dunno how i got there or why - I havent drank since and it was 5 years ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Saturday night was at a 21st. They had a house hired for afterwards.No sapce in the car so I just threw myself across the ones in the back. Got to the house flew outta the car and went straight over a hedge. Nice steep garden rolled about 20 metres down it and landed within half a foot of a lake.

edit:
    Also tried to start a circle pit at Hanson....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Where do I start? While working as a nightporter I became an absolute danger to myself when I had a night off because I didn't tire until around 10am the next morning so I'd just drink all night and could always rely on the other night porter for late booze. One night during that time I pissed in a friend's fireplace and didn't find out about it until a good 4/5 days later. Was so mortified I sent her a bunch of flowers worth nearly a hundred quid and a bottle of vodka to apologise...

Another time in college I was coming back from an intervarsity shortly after my parents seperated. I hadn't gotten much sleep and was with one of the girls that I'd been after for ages. Got the old "let's just be friends" stuff on the bus back so tired and emotional I proceeded to down a bottle of Paddy in 5 minutes straight. Woke up in hospital the next morning with a drip in my arm and no idea of what had happened...

When I was about 17 I went through a phase of sleepwalking when I was drunk which led to some embaressing "walking in on relatives" moments that I only heard ever about the next morning...

Through the beer-goggles that come with major sessions I have ended up with friend's sisters, girls that are far too young for me (nothing illegal thank fúck but still), do rough women, married women, friends that I'd never even entertain the notion of being with sober, exes, friend's exes... etc.

I ended up in a brothel and didn't realise it was one until my second or third pint when out in Gran Canaria (and believe me, those places ain't subtle). When I realised where I was, I grabbed my mate and legged it, pint in hand (still have the beer glass) and off down the road. As anyone who's been to Gran Canaria can tell you, pissing off the pimps in those places is a bad idea. In the "ending up dead in a dumpster" sense of the words.

I once went on the piss in Belfast and woke up in Edinburgh.

Last time I drank cider I tried to pick a fight with a 6'4" bouncer. I'd forgotten why it was that I gave up cider when I was 17! Luckily my mate was a little more sober than I was and he talked my way out of it for me...

Numerous stupid phone calls/texts to people I really shouldn't have been calling.

Did the "knee spin thing" from Strictly Ballroom in the Warwick nightclub while wearing cream trousers. Ruined the trousers, friction burnt my knees but got the girl so it was worth it in the end...

Cooked a fry and forgot to turn off the grill. Fire alarm woke my mother at 5am. Luckily it was just the grease in the grillpan smoking...

Jumped off the top of Blackrock in Salthill fully clothed at a ridiculously low tide. In the middle of November.

Woke up on the porch of the MRI in NUI, Galway after a long night's boozing.

Fell asleep on the nitelink and had to get a cab back to Stillorgan which cost me as much as a taxi from town would have in the first place.

Robbed a bottle of €120 champagne from the kitchens of a hotel I was staying in for a wedding at 6am. Watched the sun rise while slugging from the bottle and passing it to cousins. Actually, that wasn't dumb. That was a great night. :)

The rest of 'em though? I guess college is all about accumulating stories like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Ones I forgot from earlier all from the same night at my sister's engagement party i got hammered and when they were making speeches I started singing "millwall till I die" and shouting football chants at my mother. Jumped on 2 of my friends and broke the patio lounger and then spent 20 minutes talking to my friend about some young wan's arse while she was right in front of us - who he claims was my cousin..... hope to f*ck it wasnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

This is the best thread on Boards. Period.

Nothing too insane, hitting on married women is probably the extent of it. And drunken scrabble. I got "zygotes".

Very proud of myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cinders

Why are men so difficult and get so jealous, when my boyfriend is drunk he drives me mad with his childish jealous behaviour, actually i dont know if hes my boyfriend still after throwing a wobbly saturday night - all because i asked a guy to sign the cd they were launching!! gets on my t*ts
    explain this jealously thing- one minute he loves me then he throws a wobbly and im left wondering if i'll see him again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

cinders wrote:
    Why are men so difficult and get so jealous, when my boyfriend is drunk he drives me mad with his childish jealous behaviour, actually i dont know if hes my boyfriend still after throwing a wobbly saturday night - all because i asked a guy to sign the cd they were launching!! gets on my t*ts
    explain this jealously thing- one minute he loves me then he throws a wobbly and im left wondering if i'll see him again!

Heres the explanation: He was drunk. Chillax.

Should this be in PI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cinders

very easy to say chill, as he acts the c**t when hes jealous, and walks off on me- think i'll just teach him a lesson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sigmund

got naked in arthurs quay/good

Advertisement