Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does it mean when

Options
  • 17-04-2005 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

what does it mean when people say you speak cantonese with an "accent" or let it "slip"?? i'm really confused because i'm american and i'm half chinese.. and i always thought my cantonese was pretty okay (not superb but not too bad). i spoke cantonese to my chinese relatives and they were makig fun of me saying i had an accent and stuff. other people understand me when i say stuff.. so how are you supposed to know if you're saying stuff all wrong? i dont take classes or anything, my mom just speaks it to me and it's all i've known.. is there like.. a proper pronounciation tone... similar to out of tune in tune :P

Advertisement