Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Characters

Options
  • 17-04-2005 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

In any of the games.

I think for me its got to be Sephiroth, either that or good old Cloud, Isn't it so obvious I'm a VII fan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ooooh, now thats a question... everybody has at least one favourite character in the FF games they've played but for some, its an impossible task to discern only one.

I could say Red Mage, Gareth, Delilah, Golbez, Galuf, Ultros, Heidiggar, Quistis, Freya for the first 9... but ill think differently tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Sephiroth, cloud and barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Sephiroth. Coolest FF enemy ever. Tifa was my favourite character though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

def. sephiroth, i'd slip auron in there too....

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I'll have to be completely unoriginal and say Sephiroth too. As for playable character, probably Vincent, he had fun Limit Breaks and he was about the darkest character after Sephiroth.

Yay for Dirge Of Cerberus! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sephiroth is overrated. He was too evil with a silly motive. Kefka was better. Luka Blight from Suikoden 2 was far better.

Kefka was excellent. Loved the silly laugh. The build up from silly to pure evil was well done.

I liked Cloud. It was excellent when he finally learned about his past.

Vivi was excellent as well. Very likeable.

Terra, Locke and Celes were excellent in FFVI.

Have a soft spot for Rose and the main character from FFIV. It's the only game I've played were the relationship between the two main characters is established before the game starts.

And Auron was just plain cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

Heh, I saw the thread title and was about to type one long argument about how I think Kefka was the best FF villain and that Terra, Vivi and Auron were all good characters. Then I saw Retr0gamers post. Now I just look plain unoriginal :(

Auron was definitly one of the coolest FF characters in a while though, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Gota be Sephiroth, anyone who stands in flame like that gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i will be the definition of originality and say Cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

Lost respect for Sephiroth when
    he was killed a a spotty little pubesent Level1 Cloud

FF7's Cid was the best character in a FF game easily. Even his weapon was cool. When everyone else had big ass sword and machin-gun arms, he was a scrawny old man with a pointy stick, and he STILL kicked ass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Lost respect for Sephiroth when
    he was killed a a spotty little pubesent Level1 Cloud

He only dies when your omnislash kills him no?

Hmmmm. Perhaps. Always thought that
    he became an extention of Genova, and for the rest of the game he has essentially Genovas "puppet". The Omnislash was more of a metaphor I think.

Ive witnessed many heated debates over that particular subject and some people (with too much time) have written full essays on it, whatever has happened
    Jenova has been relegated to nothing more than a dead head in a jar and Sephiroth has risen once more... in Advent Children

He was still hammered by kiddy Cloud though
    :P

He was still hammered by kiddy Cloud though
    :P
    Refresh my memory of when that happens... its been many moons since FF7 has graced my Playstation or PC

When he returns to Nibelhiem and then after Sepheroth trashes it, chops Tifa, flattens Zack, and is hobbling away with Genovas head. He stabs Cloud and Cloud lobs him into the Reactor.

The Pussy!

When he returns to Nibelhiem and then after Sepheroth trashes it, chops Tifa, flattens Zack, and is hobbling away with Genovas head. He stabs Cloud and Cloud lobs him into the Reactor.

The Pussy!
    My God, how could i have forgotten that... *slaps self*...

Cloud just caught him off his guard, and the rage after losing (not really though) Tifa and all that ;) gave him the extra strength

Yes! Teenage Hormones save the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Whether he's a pussy or not, he was still the coolest.

Auron's pretty awesome too.

And Vincent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Regarding Sephiroth:
    When Sephiroth was thrown into the reactor his body was dragged to the northern crater and his consciousness fused with the lifestream. Basically his body is now the crystaline form in the northern crater. The other Sephiroth you see is a projection of his conscience. Thats why he is able to disappear into the ground and fly. Sephiroths conscience was so strong from being half Genova that he could make an almost physical manifestation of his conscience.

It makes sense if you play the game a second time and make a really good effort of translating the terrible Engrish of the Squaresoft translation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

Just to be a little different. Some of my fave FF characters are (keep in mind I've only played I, VII, VIII, IX, X & X2 ; I have II & VI but I'm concentrating on finishing them in numerical order.)

Aries - I don't know why but I always made sure that, when possible, she was on my team.

Red XIII - Cute but vicious. Alot of fun too.

Squall - Coolness personified. :cool:

Auron - The only charcter that jumped out of X.

and who could forget the greatest of all NPCs - Biggs and Wedge?

I thought Squall was an ignorant prick.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I thought Squall was an ignorant prick.
    Seconded, lone wolf my ass... he was an a***hole

...gunblade was cool though

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I think Squall is the coolest looking of the Final Fantasy protagonists, whatever about him being an ignorant prick. :D

But hey, it's says alot about the character development in the games that you can end up hating one of them for their character traits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I liked Kilmahri from FFX.
    cross Yoda and Chewbacca and you get Kilmahri.
    I am not about the spelling but you know the guy i mean, with the missing horn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

OY wrote:
    I liked Kilmahri from FFX.
    cross Yoda and Chewbacca and you get Kilmahri.
    I am not about the spelling but you know the guy i mean, with the missing horn!

He was underused.

Still from X&X-2 I liked Rikku. The Al-bed (I think I'm missing a 'h' :confused: ) in general were a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

As with many of the characters, Squall just needed to be taken with a grain of salt. He kept me chuckling throughout FF8.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Freya...its my cousins name...pity she hates FF

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

red xiii is my fav ever so cool and the theam from cosmo canyon is super cool and the bit when
    he is dressed up as a sailor on the boat and is dancing around and trying to balance brilliant

• Advertisement
Advertisement