Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned for nothing

• 18-04-2005 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

i was given a warning for "thred spoiling" for saying somebodys dvds were crap, thats grand. but then i was asked questions by this person and when i answered his questions i was banned. this is what the moderator said

Re: 1 month ban from classifieds

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blade

He was asking you questions? I don't see anywhere on the thread where he asked for your opinions when you stated his films were cr@p. Then after that when he asked you which supposed chartbusters you work in, I don't recall you actually answering his questions.

Now pi$$ off and stop wasting my time or you'll be banned permanently.
    Post edited by Shield on

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

i'll prob get banned for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And in actual truth, you threadspoiled, made ridiculous statements and failed to answer my question either, so you were rightfully banned.

Anyone feel free to read the thread, in for sale section, under dvds for sale by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

The mods on here are always on power trips. It's most likely because most of them are geeks in the real world, and this is the only place they have power - so the anger from years of being bullied at school and slagged off seems to surface here in their little kingdom of power. Sometimes they even ban you for having a different opinion than them.
    Hell - if this post hits home a little too much, I might even get banned for upsetting them! Check my account status after you read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Hash Boy wrote:
    The mods on here are always on power trips. It's most likely because most of them are geeks in the real world, and this is the only place they have power - so the anger from years of being bullied at school and slagged off seems to surface here in their little kingdom of power. Sometimes they even ban you for having a different opinion than them.
    Hell - if this post hits home a little too much, I might even get banned for upsetting them! Check my account status after you read this.

:D Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hash Boy wrote:

Geeks you say??

On Boards???

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hash Boy wrote:

I'm Insulted!No way am i a geek!That hurts buddy
    By the way did you realise that im insulted is an anagram of Mi Nude Slit
    Interesting isn't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hash Boy wrote:

They're also here to ban morons like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

If i was a mod i would ban the lot of ye :p , and reign terror upon those who question my judgment. alas im not a mod ... not yet ... In this boards.ie, you gotta be a Mod first. Then when you get to ba a Mod, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman*.

*or dude ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Hash Boy wrote:

indenial.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

Evil Phil wrote:
    indenial.jpg

Hence proving my point about being geeks. Gathering Cards = sad geek joke, that only a handful of sniffling nerds find amusing. I never even heard of these cards until I started posting here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

Hash Boy wrote:
    Hence proving my point about being geeks. Gathering Cards = sad geek joke, that only a handful of sniffling nerds find amusing. I never even heard of these cards until I started posting here.

so you found it amusing then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Damn, beaten to it by Evil Phil!
    Did you even read the text on the card Hash Boy? This is the internet.
    Hash Boy = sad geek

p~b: You didn't read the rules, now you are complaining. I hope Blade perm bans you from the Shop forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I never even heard of these cards until I started posting here.

Perhaps you'll grace us with a return to your previous state.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Hash Boy wrote:

Awh sparkle! I believe you, thousands wouldn't but I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

<3 Hash Boy

He's a beacon of maturity and you could all learn a thing or two from him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm one of those thousands....

Beruthiel wrote:
    I'm one of those thousands....
    Did anyone else think of little tubs full of coloured sugar when they read this? (hundreds and thousands) Or is it just me? :confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

No but now I'm thinking of Beruthiel covered in hundreds and thousands. Thanks for spoiling my lunch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

WizZard wrote:
    Did anyone else think of little tubs full of coloured sugar when they read this? (hundreds and thousands) Or is it just me? :confused:

i was thinking of millions ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AlienFriend

Hash Boy wrote:

You left out the Admins!! They tell lies and then delete your post proving that they were lying well Ecksor does anyway.

What does that tell you about them???

PS: Hope your looking for the sig Ecksor!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

CuLT wrote:
    No but now I'm thinking of Beruthiel covered in hundreds and thousands. Thanks for spoiling my lunch :(

And making my day......
    PS: Hope your looking for the sig Ecksor!!

You are a sad pathetic man aren't you? Why should the guy engage in your vanity game of cat and mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

WizZard wrote:
    p~b: You didn't read the rules, now you are complaining. I hope Blade perm bans you from the Shop forums.

He's lucky it was Blade that banned him in the first place ....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

CuLT wrote:

you vill pay for zat, curley headed little fecker

And making my day......

this brown nosing comment will not save you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

p~b wrote:
    i was given a warning for "thred spoiling" for saying somebodys dvds were crap, thats grand. but then i was asked questions by this person and when i answered his questions i was banned.

I was wondering when you were going to get banned. You were warned and you obviously didn't care. I don't know why you're complaining now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AlienFriend

mycroft wrote:
    You are a sad pathetic man aren't you?

mycroft wrote:
    Why should the guy engage in your vanity game of cat and mouse.

He shouldn't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

I don't understand all the FIGHT THE POWA posts.

If you don't like this place or how it's run, stop posting here and go somewhere else. It's a FREE service but it costs time and money to run, you think, you know, you might say "thanks" once in a while instead of dribbling whiney rants onto your keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Papschmir

I had teachers that were a lot more fun than some of the moderators. As far as i can see they all need a sense of humour injection. A site like boards can only remain intersting if there is very light regulation.
    Having read a lot of what moderators say and then compiling a quick personality analysis, they seem exactly the type of people who will rabbit on about "free press" and the "evil Rupert Murdoch".The "power",if you can call it such, that the moderators have has the potential to ruin boards.ie.

Papschmir wrote:
    A site like boards can only remain intersting if there is very light regulation.
    It can only remain open if there is regulation. It's a very fine line - but if you don't find it interesting I'm sure the admins won't lose sleep if you don't come back.

Co-operation is the key. If we as users behave well then the mods don't have to "abuse their [supposed] power"*

Note: I think mods should be a lot more free with the banning stick than they are;)