Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned for nothing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭conformist

dogs wrote:
    I don't understand all the FIGHT THE POWA posts.

If you don't like this place or how it's run, stop posting here and go somewhere else. It's a FREE service but it costs time and money to run, you think, you know, you might say "thanks" once in a while instead of dribbling whiney rants onto your keyboard.
    what a retard?
    i think all the moderators and almost all the people on this site aree a whole load of nerdy **** heads!!!!
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    ****, ****, piss, ****, ass, dick
    people shouldnt get banned for anything that would be the best way to do things

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The "power",if you can call it such, that the moderators have has the potential to ruin boards.ie.

Well it's had a few years to do it, and hasn't quite accomplished it yet. I doubt anyone's losing sleep over it.
    PS: Hope your looking for the sig Ecksor!!

If you're going to troll, try and keep up to date...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

conformist wrote:
    what a retard?
    i think all the moderators and almost all the people on this site aree a whole load of nerdy **** heads!!!!
    Reply of the month. congrats.

crash_000 wrote:
    Reply of the month. congrats.

thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Papschmir

WizZard wrote:
    It can only remain open if there is regulation. It's a very fine line - but if you don't find it interesting I'm sure the admins won't lose sleep if you don't come back.

Who exactly is going to close the site down? And why exactly would they?

e.g. The original thread concerned a ban for saying someones dvd's were rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

BuffyBot wrote:
    Well it's had a few years to do it, and hasn't quite accomplished it yet. I doubt anyone's losing sleep over it.

We're getting there though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AlienFriend

BuffyBot wrote:

Don't tell me Ecksor's dead!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

conformist wrote:
    what a retard?

Summer holidays can only make this better :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

conformist wrote:
    what a retard?

Its funny..no really it is,
    Your on this site so you just insulted yourself...now who's the retard? :)

I call for this muppet to be banned from feedback or even boards as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Papschmir wrote:
    Who exactly is going to close the site down? And why exactly would they?
    Well from a legal point of view, if boards gets sued, and loses, its boned. Simple as that. If it gets sued, it's close to boned anyway, as it can't really afford to defend itself. So that's how the site can be closed down. Selling illegal stuff on the for sale boards would consitute this. That's one reason why they're so heavily moderated.

A second reason was because long, long ago, they were becoming less than useful. Every time someone posted up an offer, some muppet would come along and say "That's ****, this one is better" or, "I can get that mobile for €2.50 from this obscure and inaccessible shop in Tibet due to a corporate deal that only I can avail of, so why should I pay €250 to get it from you?". So now they're heavily moderated. Only those interested in actually selling or buying post, and anyone who's just being an unhelpful pratt gets banned.

If someone was trying to sell his car, and you came up while he was in his driveway talking to a potential buyer, and told him how **** his car was and how X car was better and cheaper, you'd get a kick in the nuts.

• Advertisement

dogs wrote:
    Summer holidays can only make this better :(

what?

conformist wrote:
    what?

He means that most of the mods will be finishing school for summer and will be able to spend more time on boards.ie 24/7

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

conformist wrote:
    what a retard?

Said the pot to the kettle :rolleyes:

If you think that is a marvellous suggestion, go visit a few other high-volume boards that are either not regulated or loosely regulated to the point of being 'token gesture' and try have a decent discussion on them and watch what happens.

It's not pretty.

Boards.ie is the way that it is for a few reasons. The above is, afaik, one of them. As someone has mentioned before, if you're not happy, vote with your feet (digital or otherwise) and go somewhere that does fit with your needs and expectations. Or better yet, create one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Papschmir wrote:
    I had teachers that were a lot more fun than some of the moderators. As far as i can see they all need a sense of humour injection.
    That may appear to be the case given the demographics of Boards.ie, where some moderators are technically old enough to be your father. Or at least old enough to have fùcked your mother. That is, if I hadn’t needed the change for a parking metre at the time.

How’s that for a humour injection?

Cabaal wrote:
    Its funny..no really it is,
    Your on this site so you just insulted yourself...now who's the retard? :)

I call for this muppet to be banned from feedback or even boards as a whole.
    so if you get banned for calling people names then shouldnt you get banned for calling me a muppet
    also i didnt go for the low blow and make personal comments about indivuals
    i should never be banned
    i should be made the king!!!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

pretty good :D

I call for Cabaal to be banned from feedback or even boards as a whole for calling someone a retard.

Lemming wrote:
    Said the pot to the kettle :rolleyes:

If you think that is a marvellous suggestion, go visit a few other high-volume boards that are either not regulated or loosely regulated to the point of being 'token gesture' and try have a decent discussion on them and watch what happens.

It's not pretty.

Boards.ie is the way that it is for a few reasons. The above is, afaik, one of them. As someone has mentioned before, if you're not happy, vote with your feet (digital or otherwise) and go somewhere that does fit with your needs and expectations. Or better yet, create one!
    haha yeah im a pot!!
    and your a kettle
    (oooooooooohhhhhh-audience)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Papschmir wrote:
    I call for Cabaal to be banned from feedback or even boards as a whole for calling someone a retard.
    That doesn't warrant a sitewide ban. Particularly when the insult is apt.

Papschmir wrote:
    yeah also i think Cabaal should be less judgemental

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    That doesn't warrant a sitewide ban. Particularly when the insult is apt.
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    its all a bit bitchy now isnt it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I would suggest not feeding the trolls boys and girls, for they are small, and quite possibly smelly. Further smelliness eminating forth from their nappies would not be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

This thread is turning into a real muppet magnet - they're all coming to the surface now. That may they be banned with great haste!!

This thread is turning into a real muppet magnet - they're all coming to the surface now. That may they be banned with great haste!!
    hahaha
    trolls can feed themselves!
    also im not smelly, i just washed, exfloiated and moisturised - im looking well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Papschmir wrote:
    I had teachers that were a lot more fun than some of the moderators. As far as i can see they all need a sense of humour injection. A site like boards can only remain intersting if there is very light regulation.
    Having read a lot of what moderators say and then compiling a quick personality analysis, they seem exactly the type of people who will rabbit on about "free press" and the "evil Rupert Murdoch".The "power",if you can call it such, that the moderators have has the potential to ruin boards.ie.
    Boards has managed (somehow) to exist since before April 2005 and will continue to exist after you and all you inbred whining anti-authoritarian newbies finally grow up. If you dont like it, please feel free to leave. Oh and dont slam the door after you.

The Mods will not be happy with you for calling them Muppets! :eek:

why do people get so protective of an internet site?

That may appear to be the case given the demographics of Boards.ie, where some moderators are technically old enough to be your father. Or at least old enough to have fùcked your mother. That is, if I hadn’t needed the change for a parking metre at the time.

My mother has fúcked a lot of people in her time but i sincerely doubt you'd have the social skills to achieve such a feat(and you don't need much). Seeing as you have posted on this site over 4,800 times (taking an average of, lets say, 1 minute per post thats over 80 hours you've spent "posting"). People that can spend this amount of time talking with their "digital pals" are generally the type of people who aren't getting a lot of "real world" action. So until they master the whole "virtual sex" scene, happy posting!

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

Good to see im not the only one being banned for having a slightly different opinion, speaking against something or using slightly adult language. Im a geek, i was bullied at school but i play drums - u dont see me losing the in such a fashion. Im the 'Buddy Holly' type - ROCK N ROLL !!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Papschmir wrote:
    My mother has fúcked a lot of people in her time but i sincerely doubt you'd have the social skills to achieve such a feat(and you don't need much). Seeing as you have posted on this site over 4,800 times (taking an average of, lets say, 1 minute per post thats over 80 hours you've spent "posting"). People that can spend this amount of time talking with their "digital pals" are generally the type of people who aren't getting a lot of "real world" action. So until they master the whole "virtual sex" scene, happy posting!
    What was that you were saying about someone needing a humour injection, my little trollfodder? :rolleyes: :D:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement