Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carragher must be LFC player of the year.

• 18-04-2005 10:07am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the LFC fans thought of Jamie Carragher has the Liverpool player of the year?
    I think he has been a stalwart in defence,even when Hyypia and co were struggling he was a shining light in a dodgy defence.
    Carragher has been a rock all season in all competitions and alongside Terry and Carvalio @ Chelsea i fail to find a better a better defender this season.
    Up until Xavi Alonso broke his ankle he was heading for my Pool player of the year.
    I think he proved this thought with his first two matches back against Juve and Tottenham [rarely have i seen such a performance by a midfielder as Alonsos on Saturday]
    Back on topic though i just wonder what you lads think of Carraghers season?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,285 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

agree with everything you said, i also feel alonso is a more consistent player then gerrard, it wont be the end of the world if stevie goes imo, especially if we could get own back

owen and cisee zooooooooooooooooooom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Dcully wrote:
    Back on topic though i just wonder what you lads think of Carraghers season?

definitely - player of the season.. as long as i can remember he has been consistent every season (from left back to right back)..

as for Alonso - has taken him a while to settle into the team.. and only started to play before he got injured..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Alonso as you say was really settling into things before his break but my god he has continued where he left off.
    Saturdays display was the best display by a midfielder i have seen in years.
    Let Stevie G go i say,Biscan has proven he can fill in for him and with Alonso and Hamann to call on Liverpool will be ok.
    Take the money and run,buy a defender or two for starters.
    Carragher seems to have pulled Hyypia along with him and he too seems on form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

isn't biscan gone at the end of this season? and has hamman signed a new contract yet?

I think we should sell biscan, hamman and gerrard and if the rumour of Ballak is true then liverpool will be fine with Alonso and Ballak, i would also hope to see more of le tallec aswell next season i really think he can make it in the premiership.

This season deffo carrager is Liverpools best player, consitant and really does love to play for Liverpool! although Riise wouldn't be to far behind him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I was going to start a thread questioning whether Gerrard was even Liverpools best midfielder?

I was surprised when Carragher wasn't captain against Juve - but that said maybe his first game as captain shouldn't be one like that.Favourite for me to inherit the armband when/if Gerrard leaves - has been class all season.

As for Gerrard, not enough of a team player IMO, hero complex - believing in having to do it himself too much - a reflection perhaps on what he thinks of his team mates? Why have liverpool a better points return on games played when he's not in the side?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Screw Gerrard, sell him and buy Aimar.
    Alonso and Aimar would be the best midfield pairing in the premiership if not the world by a mile.
    I think Benetiz is going to buy him in the summer, him being unhappy at Valencia, and him wanting to have Netetiz's children.

Gerrard for players, Gallas, Parker, Bridge.
    Then spend any cash you have on Aimar
    Then if Baros is sold, another striker.

Then you've got a prem winning team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

uberwolf wrote:
    As for Gerrard, not enough of a team player IMO, hero complex

he has turned into quite a lazy player aswell.. over the season - gerrard has stopped tracking back.

do you ever see the way if he misses a chance - will spend half an hour with his hands on his head... while the rest of the game goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

gerrard has played some of his best games for liverpool this season, as well as some of his worst.
    when the injury crisis hit early on in the season Gerrard played fantastically - played in almost every midfield and attacking position, and for some games was the only person worth their wages on the pitch.
    for other games he seems distracted, sloppy balls, shirking tackles, and looked jaded.
    its hard to know.

Carragher has had a great season, been very consistent and strong, espcially since the christmas games.

also worth a look has been Riise, although a lot of fans aren't too enamoured with him he's played very well and had a huge amount of crosses, goals and assists and overall been very consistent also.

baros has been a disapointing, but he needs a unselfish strike partner and a good supply from midfield - if baros, cisse, alonso, morientes and gerrard get a run together (the way rafa seems to be headed) they could be an excellent attacking side.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

for me its between carragher,finnan and garcia.

At times yes garcia has been crap but his overall contribution has been huge without him we would of been lost this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Carra is God! :)

He is easily Liverpools most consistent player this season, I can only surmise that Gerrard is still Captain in an effort to keep him onside. Cara must be captian when Gerrard goes.

While I have doubts about Hyypias future the back line has looked better as the season has progressed as they have got used to that zonal marking system.

He's the only player to have not missed a minute this season. Rare at any club, near miricle at Pool this season! :D

As for the rest the most improved players are easily Biscuit, Traore and Finnan. The players who have gone backwards are Baros and Kewell. Both should be sold this summer.

Biscan has been offered a one-year deal I understand but longer gigs are supposedly in the offing from German clubs. Hamman has the option to sign a new deal but has been playing hard to get. I hope he signs.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Definately a legend. Warnock is looking like he could develop into a quality player aswell, If he can stay injury free they could be the basis of an extremely good defence, depending on who else is brought in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Carra did win the Liverpool ( the city not the club ) player of the year in a poll of the fans of the clubs in said city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Certainly think Carra should get the award. I am glad to see someone mentioning Finnna too as I think he has had a very good season. Alonso is coming along nicely too and I honestly think Benitez would prefer him over Gerard..

PHB, I like your optimism.. ya mad bastard :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I hope Igor signs an extension. I think he has been by far the most improved this season.. He can be a legend IMO ;)

Advertisement