Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Precast Concrete Floors

• 18-04-2005 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking at putting in precast concrete floors. I know of Spanwright, can anyone give me any other names of guys who do them?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Wobs wrote:
    Hi,

Im looking at putting in precast concrete floors. I know of Spanwright, can anyone give me any other names of guys who do them?

Cheers
    Wobs, my wife just moved to a company in Kill that sell precast houses....not sure if they are doing them yet for the private self builders, but I can ask.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Wobs wrote:
    Hi,

Cheers

Hopefully Madm won't object to me giving you this link. Or maybe he thinks I should type it al out first. he.he.

http://www.irishbuildingindustry.ie/Headings/concreteprecast.htm

kadman :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

After you get a price here per sq metre for 1st floor concrete floors hollow deck, have a look around the web for a german supplier who makes reinforced decks about 3 inches thick that you put in place and then pour a screed over. You have your pipe work and electrics in the screed. This product here is basically the same http://www.stresslite.ie/floors.htm#top it's the second and second last drawing on the page.

I'll get the name of the company in a couple of days if your really interested but basically the price to bring them over on a truck compared to the price here is worth the effort I believe. I think about 15 euro per sq metre + shipping.

The problem with the hollow decks is that water can lie in the cavity and cause problems with drying out and also you have to put in a false ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Thanks lads,

Davidoco I know the type your talking about. The guy Im getting my concrete and blocks from has started to produce them, Keegan Quaries. I am getting a quote from them, but it is a German company he got all the technology and equipment from I have the name at home. He brought me up to see the plant, some serious machinery, They are only starting production this week.

When I get prices I'll let you know, but I think it will work out quite favourably, as you say there is no need to put in a false ceiling as it is pre finished all ready. Only problem I can see with that is how to put in recessed lights and the likes.

Lex if you could give me the name of your wifes place that would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Davidoco

If the company you were thinking of is WECKENMANN than its the same system Keegan Quaries are now producing. If not can you let me know the name, Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Wobs wrote:
    Lex if you could give me the name of your wifes place that would be great thanks.
    They're called Allcrete but she tells me they are only manufacturing at the moment for their other business for housing estates. They won't be doing one-off's for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

There used to be a company called Flood Flooring (I think) they had a very similar system for flooring, it might be worth a Google ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 slayer92

Roadstone.ie also supplied precast floors. Expensieve but very good for sound insulation and structural strength. It works out around €36-40 per m2. This includes the hire of the crane to lift them into position. Don't forget to factor in the cost of extra blockwork (inner leaf and internal walls needs to be on the flat to support the precast.)

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Betonwerk Edemissen GmbH
    or Edemissen Betonwerk GmbH
    near Hannover no website

15 euro per sqm
    The fella I know is moving from Germany and has to get a truck anyway to move his stuff. He's putting the slabs in on the bottom and his stuff on top. Transport I think he said costs up to €3,000. He needs 230sqm of the stuff and 100sqm weights about 15 tonne so he'll just be in or around the 40 tonne limit for trucks if you add in the furniture and other stuff. He said it probably works out the same as buying it in Ireland for €48 per sq metre unless you can strike a deal with an empty truck returning from Germany.

I'm guessing from the above then that if two self builders got together and they were both buiding 1500 sq ft ground floor houses there would be a saving to be had.
    266 sqm fit on truck costing €15sqm = 4000 + transport 3000 = 7000
    266 sqm buy here @ €48sqm = 12700
    saving of €5700.
    5700 would pay for the electrics in both houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

Try Finlay Breton....01-4015200. They're in Blessington, Co. Wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Busy_Builder

I used Lackagh in Galway

Competitive price, delivered in 4 weeks, no complaints so far, fitted like a glove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

Try whelans Ennis co. clare pretty good quotes

a pint of plain is yer only man

Advertisement