Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICS with static IP's

Options
  • 18-04-2005 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I have had probs setting up a broadband ICS with 2 PC's so to make a long story short, I can get them networked (filesharing etc) OK with static IP addresses but the client machine cannot use the internet on the host. What should the default gateway and primary dns server on the client machine point to or am I barking up the wrong tree? ICS is enabled on the BB modem and the host can surf the net fine. I have tried running the ICS wizard but it does not even get the PC's networked correctly as it assigns different IP ranges to both. I have even uninstalled the network cards and re-installed but to no avail. I can use a proxy OK but I cannot play CS through this, I really want ICS to work but only through using the static IP's. Is this at all possible???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

actually got this sorted, it was the DNS settings in the manual config that needed to be entered. SImple!!!(After 4 hours of hair pulling!!!! :) )

Advertisement