Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise dead! What next?

Options
  • 18-04-2005 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Hey guys with enterprise entering its final days I was just wondering what you guys will be doing for youre regular dose of SiFi. I watched the enterprise epp `Bound` with the orion slave girls and though it was OK but then i watched DR. Who and it blew trek out of the water, Its my new favroite si fi show now. Yeah i evern perfer it to BSG witch is class also.

What will you guys be watching then. Im thinking of getting all SG1 and watching it from the begining as I only ever say the odd epp.

One thing about DR. who though after being gone for so long it gives me hope of trek comming back the the small screen some day. After the doctor was gone for 9 years after all. But it was probabally only about 10 minutes for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Star Gate's good. Wouldn't mind seeing them all again in order. I kinda drifted out after the 3rd or 4th series anyway. But really I'm just gonna be watching old DS9s. It's about equal to new Enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

aye, myself and da missus are currently lookin at DS9. been watchin it from b4 xmass. wait till u see the order they were gotten / watched (the boxed sets 55 euro from amazon incl delivery)

series 1 (got ages ago and watched)
    series 5
    series 6
    series 7
    series 2
    series 3
    series 4
    series 5
    series 6
    and currently watchin 7.

only posisble cause we only got to see em once on tv b4.
    tbh dreadin what we gunna watch now. in the other shows the episodes are more standalone, so watching episodes back to back is not as good as DS9.

(btw i cant wait till enterprise comes out on DVD, they'll be gr8 then cause the all follow eachother.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

55 each? I looked it up last week and it was 500 for the lot. If it's true it's certainly good news.

Deep Space Mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

I'm currently stocking up on the Babylon 5 series five years worth, so about 110 eps, should keep me goin a while, seen all the other Star trek stuff Wayyyy!! too many times I need a break, stil enjoying Enterprise tho, cant wait for the mirror universe eps, t'pol in a mini skirt..gotta love it :) aOh and the story will be important too Cough Cough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Battlestar Galactica is good, I'm looking forward to the 2nd season in July. Dr. Who is quite good, a bit cheesy at times.

If you want to go through the "archives", Babylon 5 and Farscape are highly recommended. Farscape has a quicker payoff, as in you should be hooked after watching the 1st season in full. Babylon 5 doesn't really hit you until you've seen the first 4 seasons in full.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

got all the Bab5 DVDs including the movies.

SGA will be showing Season 2 in July, Enterprise will last until then

http://www.trekunited.com/news.php?id=37

The Save Enterprise campaign have given up and are refunding the fans their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ill be watching Ds9 Stargate sg1 and Atlantis while waiting for the new star trek serise when ever that maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ther is much to watch until ST retuns
    and wahoo family guy season 4 was may last time i heard

I think the crew going off in adventures in a starship theme of Star Trek is dead. Enterprise should have been set in planetside locations on Earth, Vulcan etc. and not have it's exclusive focus on a crew wandering around the galaxy away from all the action except where the action happens to steal a ship, flee from Earth and just happens to encounter Enterprise in the vastness of space.

For example the Eugenics war stuff could have been far more interesting if we could have seen the stuff going on in Earth rather than having a 3-episode chase arc.

"The Forge" was quite interesting, but mainly because a lot of it was set on Vulcan and because a lot of the important people were on board Enterprise at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I got my hands on the complete series of Space Above & Beyond. I'd never seen them properly before - just the odd episode here and there. I have to say, I think its absolutely brilliant so far, having watched about 8 episodes. For me, Space Above & Beyond is to war what Star Trek TNG is to science & exploration.

It captures the grit and determination of military life much better than Stargate ever has, and its nice to see a near-future sci-fi series that doesn't have Earth portrayed as some kind of paradise. People are still racist, wars are still fought over stupid reasons, and would-be dictators are still power-hungry, and clever enough to disguise it as being "for the good of the people".

Pity they only ever made one series. Damn yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Recently Enterprise has been doing the kind of espisodes they should have been doing all along, capatilizing on the rich history and backround already in place for them in Star Trek lore.

They wasted a season or more with dreadful stuff that no-one had ever heard of before (xindi etc, I hate time travel stories too). The minute I saw an alien in a nazi uniform I gave up on the writers completely :mad:

Real shame it's ending since there is so much they could have done, really like the characters/actors too. Looks like it's going out with a bang though seems to be some interesting stories coming up (Romulans anyone?).

In the meantime I'm enjoying the old DS9s and looking forward to Galactica coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Bluehair wrote:
    < me squinting to avoid reading spoilers *_* >

Check out Firefly. Boxed set is only $25 in seveal places. Only did one series but its a really good one.
    Firefly Film of the series "Serenity" is due out in September 2005.

Dr.Who is ok - dont like what they did to the tardis though. Out of lack of any decent new SciFi on TV nowadays - I've started to watch some of the early Dr.Who starting at Episode 1 (1963).... :)

“Roll it back”

I will keep watching any reruns of Star Trek on TV, while starting my series collection on DVD. I will also be looking out for summours of this new movie and then a possibility of a TV show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Justice wrote:

tbh dreadin what we gunna watch now. in the other shows the episodes are more standalone, so watching episodes back to back is not as good as DS9.

(btw i cant wait till enterprise comes out on DVD, they'll be gr8 then cause the all follow eachother.)

Well although its not really si-fi Alias is a great show with a continious plot every epp from season 1 - season 3 links in really well. Season 4 lost it a bit ( Creator was working on Lost ) but its starting to get its roots back. Also 24 is class, im gona start looking at that now real soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

the missus watches 24 and few others.

not exactly my cupan tea, Too "manufactured" if u know what i mean.

now that i think about it, i dont think im watching any shows at all (well im partial to desperate housewives :), but thats not couting becuase i'll deny it to the bitter end)
    it will be PC and books.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

1/2 way through season 2 of voyager boxsets.
    stargate sg1 boxsets in the post.
    after that it'll be tng boxsets i'd say.

You can get the complete series of whatever on ebay usually for ~€100 inc del.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

The last two episode are being aired this friday 13th back to back. I also will be waiting until july for Star Gate. What to do for a month and a half? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Agreed on S:A&B - great series. Must watch some B5. Couldn't get into Farscape though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

SAAB brillent cheeze fest but i loved it SG1 is july :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Dr. Who is going well but season 1 or 27 depending on youre point of view is almost over. Any one got any idea when BSG starts back. I heard July but that was ages ago.

Advertisement