Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free calls to land lines

• 18-04-2005 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Came across this site(http://www.voipbuster.com) at the weekend. It claims free land line calls in Ireland France etc. Anyone tried them? Is there a catch?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looks like their having problems with there service
    Sorry - VoipBuster temporarily unavailable for download
    Due to technical problems we have decided to temporarily put a limit on the number of new.....

I haven't tried their service yet,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I download it yesterday and was OK, I tryed today and had problems with the ID I register yesterday but I could register new ID today and use it.

if you close it you will have the same problem again with the user ID, but you can register more ID's

Send me a PM with e-mail address or a place to host the file so you can download it. File is about 4mb

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

nava wrote:
    Hi

Send me a PM with e-mail address or a place to host the file so you can download it. File is about 4mb

Regards

Pm sent thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

so is this actually working?

Hi

Yes, I just tested and is working for me, even with the same ID I originally register.

Quality is not the best, Blueface is much better.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Irishpimp

thanks for that Nava and btw the quality is acutully better then a normal phone call on mine lol i been ringing uk and everything prank calls are the best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ericzheng

I've just downloaded VoipBuster V2.01 from other site and try to make a call, however the call icon always gray and says "Registering at the server..." at all the time. How can I use it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

so landline calls are TOTALLY free? NO hidden charges or anything?
    Whats blueface?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

register and you should be able to make calls, no hidden charges that all i did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

cormie wrote:
    Whats blueface?
    [url][/url]www.blueface.ie
    - Irish VoIP provider

causal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

ericzheng wrote:
    I've just downloaded VoipBuster V2.01 from other site and try to make a call, however the call icon always gray and says "Registering at the server..." at all the time. How can I use it?

do you have a link?

so whats voip? I find it hard to believe there is actually something that will allow you to make free calls to landlines! Is this also on peak?? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Irishpimp

you can make calls whenever you feel like it, be it on or off peak. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

nava wrote:
    Hi

I download it yesterday and was OK, I tryed today and had problems with the ID I register yesterday but I could register new ID today and use it.

if you close it you will have the same problem again with the user ID, but you can register more ID's

Regards
    sent ya a pm
    cheers

kin9pin wrote:
    do you have a link?
    See the first post in this thread :D

causal

cormie wrote:
    so whats voip? I find it hard to believe there is actually something that will allow you to make free calls to landlines! Is this also on peak?? :o
    Have a look at Cabaals description here.
    While you're there - leave your support for the VoIP Forum :)

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

sound good a bit to good ill try it later

seems promising
    I suppose if msn can do webcam and audio for free so could this but this would be a big jump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Cheers Nava, Having a bit of a problem registering an ID, i'll give it a go tomorrow.

Hi

did a search in google and foun it in

http://lanfeustman.free.fr/general/VoipBuster.exe

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

if that isnt it u can upload it to rapidshare.de and pm people the link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EliCash

Yeah I have that - it works and there are no hidden charges :) Countries you can call for free are rapidly disappearing and eventually none will be free, I think. They don't hide that fact. There may be a ridiculously low charge of 1c per call (not even per minute!) in the future and then maybe even higher per minute charges. Enjoy it while it lasts anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

can someone upload the real software to www.rapidshare.de and pm me a link as the software mentioned is only a txting pogram . thanksd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

DingDong wrote:
    Cheers Nava, Having a bit of a problem registering an ID, i'll give it a go tomorrow.

I couldn't register last night either.

On the blueface.ie one it says there is a monthly charge etc, is there any charge for this one?

blueface.ie also do a Pay-as-you-Go option, with no monthly charge.

causal

Has anyone been able to register this program lately

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

nope!

Anybody know of another VOIP program thats offering free calls to Ireland. Looks like they stop new people from registering. I'm heading off to vegas in two weeks and it would be nice to ring Ireland for free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

The beta test seems to be back open for voipbuster. You have to have min €1 in the account to make free calls. I was using it last night to call numbers in Dublin and Canada. It worked very well.

Link:
    http://www.voipbuster.com/en/index.html

Dunno how long it will last.

• Advertisement

Dunno how long it will last.
    Until their beta-testing is finished ;)
    It'll be interesting to see what their medium to long term intentions are.
    You can still make free calls for less than one minute without any credit, according to here:
    BUT: To counter the misuse of our network we have limited our Free-Calls policy for NON-registered users to 1 minute per call. If you want to enjoy UNLIMITED free calls, just register and buy 1 euro worth of credit.
    (If this sounds familiar then maybe it's because you read it already in this thread.)

causal

Advertisement