Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journals, Subscribers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

KittyKat wrote:
    Cant access that page. :(
    You need to be a subscriber to view that page.
    I'm having the same problem seamus. Taught journals were down for the past 2 day for repair or upgrade or something.
    Logged out and I can view them now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Mmm, can I please have my subscriber features back seem as I paid for em?

(Gentle hinting didn't seem to be working!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Forgot about my subscription...

Seeing as though I got my credit card today [finally] I might aswell provide you with some support again... though, I think it would be a good idea to wait for my next paycheque first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

BuffyBot, can you open a Help Desk ticket - because I don't know who you gave your money to or how long you paid for - and at least then we can tell the appropriate person.

LaFortezza - I know you've already PMed me, but maybe you could do the same and we can get DeV to fix it if he was dealing with it - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

BuffyBot, can you open a Help Desk ticket - because I don't know who you gave your money to or how long you paid for - and at least then we can tell the appropriate person.

Already done ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

lafortezza wrote:
    Hi Cloud, I gave amp my subscription money to give to DeV.

Which I did, I fairly sure I'm paid up, but thanks for removing my subscription without any warning. After all, it's vitally important to piss off the central core of people willing to spend 50 bucks a year on a website.

The correct way to have done this would have been to post an announcement saying that current subscribers had a week to pay up before being cut off. It would have also advertised the fact that you can subscribe and thus recruited more to the fold. Nobody pissed off + More money = SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME!

But no, it's the old "make changes and deal with the fallout afterwards" approach as usual.

P.s. I can't access my journal now. Has it been deleted? Or just put offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

it keeps us on our toes though, and most of us could do with the exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

amp wrote:
    But no, it's the old "make changes and deal with the fallout afterwards" approach as usual.

Awwwww but at least we can enjoy a good amp rant now. In fairness nobody was pushing your "Drama Queen" buttons much lately and the world is far more entertaining when you go off on a rant. And no I'm not taking a dig, amp rants are a welcome relief from the general numbness.

And now I sound like a fan boy. <shuts up>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

damien.m wrote:
    For shame ...

Uhm

Could I also have my subscriber features back please :confused:
    I paid via paypal on December 5th

I never got an email from paypal to say the payment was picked up, but I pm'ed your goodself Cloud about it and you fowarded the pm to DeV and he replied saying he'd collect the payment from paypal.
    I still never got a pick up receipt email from paypal though and its now over 5 months since the money left my account.
    Payment Details
    Transaction ID: 27J753870S144515T
    Total: 50.00 EUR
    Item/Product Name: subscription for the year(Earthman)
    Buyer: Earthman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Ticket sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ok, paypal resubscribed about 30 mins ago! In the spirit of impatience ... gimme!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

damien.m wrote:
    Awwwww but at least we can enjoy a good amp rant now. In fairness nobody was pushing your "Drama Queen" buttons much lately and the world is far more entertaining when you go off on a rant. And no I'm not taking a dig, amp rants are a welcome relief from the general numbness.

Not really, your giving your opinion about well.. my opinion. Feedback is important. Maybe if I and others keep ranting about the fire and forget approach and the need to change it, maybe it will.

Advertisement