Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Access database templates?

Options
  • 18-04-2005 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

hey guys,
    I've decided to build a database to store all my cd collection information, into neat and easily accessible categories such as artist, genre, album, year etc
    i have a decent knowledge of ms access so im using it to do so.
    but before i start, i know there are some templates available online for book collections for access....
    has any1 ever seen templates available for music collections also that i can just copy, edit and add my info into it?

any help would be gretaly appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Man after my own heart. I did the same thing years ago and am glad I did - easy to find a track now :D

I know Access 2000 has a music collection template which should be on my PC at home - I'll try and dig it out this evening for you and post tomorrow.

Spock

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

why bother?
    Presumably you will want to modify it anyway so why not just do one out yourself

Anyway, what about this (http://www.microsoft-accesssolutions.co.uk/many_to_many_example.htm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

great, thanks dr spock, look forward to checking it out ( i have access xp and it doesnt have that template....i appreciate it)

kbannon...i know what u mean, but to be honest, i'm so so busy at work lately, that i dont really have time to set up the database, and set up the relationships etc, so was just really looking to see if any1 had one already done, that i could justchange the information on (or if any1 knows a website that had an example?)

cheers

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Didn't have the one I thought of at home but you can get it from the link below (it's about 400K):

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010186291033.aspx?CategoryID=CT063459361033

It says Access 2000 so I presume it works with Xp. Have fun

Spock

P.S. Bear in mind the hardest part of all this is actually getting the data in there - it took me months..... :(

Advertisement