Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN Communications, ever heard of them?

Options
  • 18-04-2005 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

LAN Communications, ever heard of them? I was checking out my DD's at the bank today and came across them. Never heard of them. I cancelled the DD.

Just wondering if yee know who they are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

It's Eircom's new branding for their IP divisions etc. You may have just cancelled some service you get from Eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Eglinton wrote:
    It's Eircom's new branding for their IP divisions etc. You may have just cancelled some service you get from Eircom
    I already have an eircom DD on my account, the bank confirmed so. I never consented to them setting up another DD. bit cheecky eh on eircoms part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Bond-007 wrote:
    I already have an eircom DD on my account, the bank confirmed so. I never consented to them setting up another DD. bit cheecky eh on eircoms part.

Was the LAN DD for the same amount as you have been paying Eircom?

Could the last Eircom debit be relating to the previous month and the Lan one now be taking over from this month going forward?

This is the only (half) acceptable justification. Do you think Eircom might have written to you about this?

Otherwise this is much more than cheeky. It sounds more like theft!

In such circumstances I would firstly get on to my bank insisting they fax you a copy of the relevant (Lan comms) DD mandate showing your signature.
    Secondly get onto IFSRA about your bank implementing Direct debits which you have not authorised and
    Thirdly get onto the Gardai asking them to track down whoever is stealing money from your account.

I agree that Eircom should have at least written to me to explain the change. I asked the clerk if LAN Comms had ever been presented, she replied march 19th last for €75 which is the same as my line rental. But to date all line rentals appear on my bill as Eircom. Including the latest ones, Strange?

Tbh I don't know how long this has been going on.

Vinnyfitz wrote:
    In such circumstances I would firstly get on to my bank insisting they fax you a copy of the relevant (Lan comms) DD mandate showing your signature.
    Not according to ISFRA. The bank does not need to see a copy of any mandate. The bank acts in good faith. According to ISFRA Eircom/LAN comms are the villians of the peace here. Take it up with them I was told.
    Vinnyfitz wrote:
    Secondly get onto IFSRA about your bank implementing Direct debits which you have not authorised

See point 1.

IFRSA say contact Comreg. Comreg say its an IFSRA problem. I'm annoyed to say the least. Its a good old tale of pass the buck.

LAN Communications Ltd. info
    Seems they are on the go awhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Email the chairperson of both groups, send a copy to their Ministers and ask someone to come forward and sort this matter out. Being a taxpayer you have the right for this to be addressed by somebody and its unappreciated that they are already starting the buck-passing game. Request in the email an acknowledgement from all parties.

Bond-007 wrote:
    I'm annoyed to say the least. Its a good old tale of pass the buck.

I'm not quite sure what you are annoyed about?

LAN/Eircom has not actually debited any money from your account wrongly has it?

I'm not even clear whether the 19 March DD appeared on your bank statement as LAN or Eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

It sounds a bit dubious that a company can just contact a bank and say we have a DD mandate here would you thorw €xx into our account every month from this account.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its eircom, not some company.. This is pretty much moaning for the sake of it...

Mr_Man wrote:
    t sounds a bit dubious that a company can just contact a bank and say we have a DD mandate here would you thorw €xx into our account every month from this account.
    It would appear they can do just that.
    vinnyfitz wrote:
    I'm not even clear whether the 19 March DD appeared on your bank statement as LAN or Eircom?
    It appeared as eircom always did. The fact that another company has just taken over without any word or permission annoys me.
    Its eircom, not some company.. This is pretty much moaning for the sake of it...
    I beg to differ.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    It would appear they can do just that.

It appeared as eircom always did. The fact that another company has just taken over without any word or permission annoys me.

So, to clarify, if you had not for some reason or other looked at the list of DD recipients that your bank holds on its files you would never have been any the wiser (i.e. never even heard of LAN communications) - and you would never have been any worse off?

You must have known perfectly well when you started this thread that this was your regular Eircom payment which is simply going to a company which technically has a different name. I wish you'd spelled this out in the begining.

To revise what I said earlier, this is just an excuse to moan about Eircom..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

With the clarification now, it's just the same bill. It's a rebranding, just like when EsatBT became BT Ireland.

Those Eircom scum huh??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yes, you should have been notified.. maybe you missed it? If not, let them know you're not happy. Now that we've established it's just rebranding, let's leave it at that.

Thread closed
    .cg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement