Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth HS801

Options
  • 18-04-2005 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Cant get it to work.
    Bought this unit for the wife 6 months ago to use while driving, she used it once! She also managed to lose the instruction booklet, :mad:
    I have a 6230 & want to use it but cant get it to work (I have charged it!). Anybody with the same unit please help me out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hold the volume key and the the centrel key down until a light comes on this indcates that the headset is on then release yyou will then see that the headset is flashing then hold down the volume key and search for devices using your phone

PROBLEM FIXED :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

First of all, the HS801 will support the 6230. At least we know it can work with it!!
    Charge up the headset fully
    Then when the light goes out, switch on the headset by pressing and holding the main silver button above the Motorola logo and one of the volume buttons. Once it turns on, the light will start blinking.

Once the headset is on, press and hold one of the volume buttons for a few seconds until the led comes on a bright blue and stays lit. Then go into the bluetooth settings on your Nokia 6230 and search for devices. It should show up on your phone and then select it and it will ask you for a code to pair with the headset. Enter four zero's 0000 and select.

That's it
    If that doesnt work, post back here and we'll try and get ya sorted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dfitz1

Thanks lads,
    I'll try that tonight when I get home & report back tomorrow :D

No problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Let me know how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey man,

I have one of those and use it with my 6630,
    one prob I found is that if it is not charged up well it won't work properly,
    phone & headset say they r connected but will not pick up calls sometimes.

only happened twice to me, then i learned!! ;)

apart from that tis a great headset

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW I find it hurts my ear !

For some reason the sound quality is much better when I use it with my 6630 rather than my old 3650. I would have thought the sound quality was to do with teh headset itself not the phone its connected to - but there you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dfitz1

Thanks for all the help lads, got it working last night, decent piece of equipment for the price. My other option was to insert a convertor into the cradle for my old 6310i car kit (50 euro + VAT from Car.Warehse), considering the kit was crap to begin with the bluetooth is the best option by far in my opinion.

Great stuff
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

hey lads ive a question does this work on the nokia 6600 and if it did could i listen to my mp3 player (ultra mp3 for the 6600) through it but the mp3 player only goes through loudspeaker so could the headset get also stop that?

thanks

• Advertisement

The headset will work with the 6600 alright, but I don't think it can be used to listen to the MP3 player.

The 6600 only has mono output, no stereo, but you can use the HDD-1 headset with it to listen to the MP3 player, even though they have 2 earpieces, the sound is still mono

enhancements_hdd_1_pop.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

I am having a similar problem with a Motorola HS 820 and a Nokia 6230.

I have had the bluetooth for a few months and it was working perfectly until yesterday.
    However now the phone cannot see the headset, I have turned it on and off, and deleted the pair from the phone and tried eveything under the sun but no luck.
    I know its the headset that is not working cos I can connect my phone to another Nokia 6230 and the other Nokia 6230 cannot see my headset.

Anyone got a solution to this one, other than going back to the shop.

Advertisement