Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vw or toyota

Options
  • 18-04-2005 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

:) we are buying a new car at the mo just wondering what ye think of the vw touran 1.9tdi or the carolla verso 2lt d4d?all opinions welcome. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Go for the toyota the VW will fall apart and it doesnt have a spare wheel the verso is a lot nicer to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

the VW won't fall apart, VW's have great build quality. Personally I would go for the corolla though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

vw all the way ;) ;they fall apart, :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Go for the Toyota, better value for money, a 3 year warranty and comes with a 3rd row of seats as standard as far as I know if this is an important factor for you. Only downside is that the diesel is 2.0 which means slightly higher road tax than the VW 1.9. The VW only has 5 seats as standard and the Verso is just as well built.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

I think toyotas retain their value better? I like both brands very much, but for practical reasons i'd say toyota.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Why not buy a BMW vixen, Vixen? Plenty of room and cheap tax and insurance...... :D:):D:):D:) ............................

vixen%20f.o.s.jpg?dc=4675404373308074416

vixen%20for%20sale%20scan%20copy%202.jpg?dc=4675501466762215398

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Doh :mad: :confused: no msn group picture linking I guess
    try this link then BMW Vixen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

I've got the 1.6 petrol Verso. It's a little underpowered, but handles very well, gives great feedback, is the only sub-€50k car I comfortably fit in (6'7") and is the best looking of it's type (I'm not biased, I swear). Don't thieving gypsy bastards still rob VW emblems? Oh, to be trapped in a hip-hop history lesson.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Con9903 wrote:
    VW's have great build quality.

Been living in a cave, on mars, with our eyes shut and our fingers in our ears lately have we? :D They're gone to ****. Most of their 'daughter' companies (Skoda, Seat, Audi) have better build quality.

Nah, third rock from the sun, how about you? :p Any VW's we've had were always great quality, as are all german cars. And who said I was referring to cars built "lately"? VW's also retain their sell on value. Look at the prices MKIV golfs are going for, madness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

They retain there value? they are over priced in the first place. Go for a second hand VW Sharan or a SEAT Toledo 2.0 TDi. Keep the change for a family holiday in France.

They retain there value? they are over priced in the first place.

Exactly, you won't lose much

Advertisement