Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poker in Buttery tonight...

• 18-04-2005 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Anyone going?

And what's the story with the pink prize for the top girl? Anybody know what that might be? Poster with Dacid Haselhoff is almost enough to turn me off the idea of going thought...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I would usually be going but not tonite. Exam panic has rendered me incapable of experiencing guilt-free poker evenings.

The pink prize amount is proportional to the number of girls playing. It basically means the top finishing girl gets like 40 squid, nomatter how badly she does overall.

The posters are generally meant to be ironic, humorous and attention grabbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ye i preferred the old ones with the hot ladies, but apparently too many complaints from certain groups means no more nice posters, instead just creepy naked hoff with dogs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

cruised through the buttery yesterrday and had a spur of the moment couple.

Met Shol'va, pet and Crash.... and I think banana too....

Call_me_al wrote:
    too many complaints from certain groups
    Which groups? I was unaware we had an "Ardent Feminists with Caloused Fanjitas" society..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Met Shol'va and Crash.... and I think banana too....

*coughs*

(and not just because you're a filthy smoker!)

• Advertisement

Oops..... corrected......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

got disciplined by bar manager/man/staff person for playing a cash game with some mates in one of the booths. grrrr
    admittedly we were also drinking bavaria from the pav, but still.
    Damn gambling laws.

When pseudonym?
    We did that a last fri or the fri before and they turned off the lights on us. They turned them back on but told us no more cards in the buttery cept on designated nights..

ApeXaviour wrote:
    When pseudonym?
    We did that a last fri or the fri before and they turned off the lights on us. They turned them back on but told us no more cards in the buttery cept on designated nights..

today, bout 8ish.
    I think theres some rule about not gambling and drinkin in the same place or something. You can play no money cards,
    the poker society are ok because, i think, their events are buy-in and u get chips, and its a tournament style thing, so its more a competition along the lines (legally) of a table quiz etc, and not really hardcore 5c blind gambling, which is obviously a scar on the side of decent humanity.

At least i was ahead 2.50 when we were busted, but the ****er did confiscate half a bavaria, and threaten to set the security guard on us who would "confiscate our cards and money".
    That sounds fairly dodgy to me to tell the truth.

Obviously we all left quaking with fear, and humiliation, and pocket change.

Especially me who picked up a delightful 5s on 3s full house and cleared out a high pair. hehehe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

uh oh. poker speak. it's worse than txt speak. down with i say, down with it. off with his head also. actually, i'm kinda surprised darth bobo isn't down with all the pokery do, I know Apex has a strange fasicination with the anomolus beauty that is poker

It's a lot of fun..they play it in sci-fi a lot, you should give it a shot.

i think i read somewhere that posting about soccer in a thread outside the soccer forum was a bannable offence.....

Gambling. is. wrong.

Gambling. is. wrong.

Says who?

And poker =/= gambling. You can play for chips in scifi, that's mostly what happens. In fact i'd advise it, because i lost about €8 in the past week on poker...

pseudonym wrote:
    hardcore 5c blind gambling, which is obviously a scar on the side of decent humanity.
    Oh obviously.. :rolleyes: ;)

i think i read somewhere that posting about soccer in a thread outside the soccer forum was a bannable offence.....

Gambling. is. wrong.

well consider the thread was called "poker in the buttery.." i think my post was relevant. and, if u dont like poker, or people talking about it, why post in a thread called "poker in the buttery.."?

OK, i know theres a poker board also, but bitchin about the buttery there would have been fairly pointless.

Poker and trinity college - not mutually exclusive.

Don't mind kev pseudo, he's just crass and likes to poke holes in things like this.

^^What he said^^

I'd like to poke'er

Kev's a boy, indy.

Oh, and I managed to win €10 in an epic game of poker that lasted for ages. And I won on a 4 and a 2! So now I break even..

• Advertisement

Were they suited?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

pseudonym wrote:
    got disciplined by bar manager/man/staff person for playing a cash game with some mates in one of the booths. grrrr
    admittedly we were also drinking bavaria from the pav, but still.
    Damn gambling laws.

We were playing a game in the booth right beside yours but we got it finished before anything was said to us. :p

Lost money though! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Poker? It's no jenga.

Advertisement