Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of you lucky enough to get your hands on a Glock...

Options
  • 18-04-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Will have noticed that the aftermarket accessories available to target shooters such as sights, scopes, red dot systems etc. is very limited in Ireland.

Coming from the north, we've had a few years head-start and I've got a lot of parts available if anyone is interested in customising their pistols.

I can source / provide

Target sights
    Adjustable sights
    Sight moving tools for fixed sights
    Red-dot and optical scopes
    Mounts for these scope, easily removed and fixed. (I'm selling a mount on ebay.co.uk this week.)
    Stainless steel recoil rods
    Recoils springs of different weights (to change the recoil)
    Free advice

I can also provide the parts for and give instructions on lightening the trigger (lets face it, a Glock trigger isn't really that great)

I can get your 5.5lb pull down to under 3lb with a few parts and a bit of work and also get rid of the notchy take-up and also eliminate trigger 'over-travel' where the trigger continues to move after the gun has fired, and therefore affecting accuracy.

The trigger modifications make such a difference.

If anyone wants info or any help please don't be afraid to email

I've put spaces in my email below to stop spammers, please remove the spaces prior to sending emails

mail @ redcircus . com

Ryan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Longslide45

Cool! As soon as my Super bestows me with a liscense and I get mine over here,I will be in touch.Can you PM me with your prices? :D
    Regds
    Longslide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 1911

I had but left the thing on the window ledge and the dam thing just melted

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Cool! As soon as my Super bestows me with a liscense and I get mine over here,I will be in touch.Can you PM me with your prices? :D
    Regds
    Longslide
    I can PM prices or whatever when you decide what you want, I forgot to mention I can get the stainless recoil rods with whatever weight recoil spring you want (lighter / heavier recoil springs affects felt recoil) These can help a lot. I'm gonna post a pic on the photo thread of my set-up. Don't all be drooling!!!!

1911 wrote:
    I had but left the thing on the window ledge and the dam thing just melted
    Imagine making the darn things out of plastic!! :D

Or should we say 'injection moulded nylon polymer'? :D

A few pics to illustrate whats possible. These photos don't show any of the many internal modifications which is where the real work (and money :D ) goes.

glock1.JPG

Front on, ain't the red bits cool?

glock2.JPG

Rear, note the factory sights are there should the battery on the red dot run out!!

glock3.JPG

The mount is precision engineered aluminum. Hence the hefty credit card bill. I'm selling another mount on ebay this week, keep an eye out for it (on ebay.co.uk)

If you want any info or you want supplied with anything like this email me (address in original thread)

Ryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

What would a setup like that above be used for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Aid the Blade

demonloop wrote:
    Imagine making the darn things out of plastic!! :D

Or should we say 'injection moulded nylon polymer'? :D

dont knock the stuff its been holdin up fairly well for the last 20 or so years.

civdef wrote:

Thats a "race gun" set up for practical pistol work. Abit too much on a Glock for my liking.I just think the Glock is ,bar it's heavy DAO trigger is perfection out of the box!!Only things I would change on mine is a trigger job and put three dot tritium[sic] sights on it.
    Now if you want to spend money and hang lots of intresting doojiggers on it.The GOVT 1911 is our only man! :D

civdef wrote:
    To be honest mine is just a range toy for when I feel like throwing the Anschutz rifle down the range! It gives me a break from it, thats all. Its good for target work with the red-dot, but you're right, its way over the top! Raises a few eyebrows on occasion when I decide to enter a pistol competition though!

The trigger work is definately the only necessity, its worth three scope as far as accuracy improvements go.

And if you think mine is over the top.....

redweavercgr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I suppose it takes all sorts :)

You raise a very valid point though, service and parts for pistols are going to be short on the ground down south for a while. Has NI much in the way of competent pistolsmiths?

And for those of you who may possibly be able to do the Austrian "rock and roll" ;)
    Check out www.fss-g.com
    Check out the video if you have the time to download it.
    Dont try ordering this needless to say. :D

civdef wrote:
    I suppose it takes all sorts :)

You raise a very valid point though, service and parts for pistols are going to be short on the ground down south for a while. Has NI much in the way of competent pistolsmiths?
    In short, no.

I tried to get someone competent to do my work and failed. I had to learn myself and now do all my own work and the work for the shooters in my club plus dozens from other clubs. No-one does this work on the whole island as far as I know.

I called a reg'd Glock dealer in the North to ask about an issue and I felt like I was talking Swahili. Things I knew as basics were real news to him, I still reckon he was writing down what I was saying for his own info :D

I can do most work now, certainly all the trigger work and can source most of the parts from Canada.

And for those of you who may possibly be able to do the Austrian "rock and roll" ;)
    Check out www.fss-g.com
    Check out the video if you have the time to download it.
    Dont try ordering this needless to say. :D
    You don't even need to order, you can do this in 30 seconds with a Dremel although you won't have a selector, you will only be able to choose between full-auto and full-auto!!

demonloop wrote:
    You don't even need to order, you can do this in 30 seconds with a Dremel although you won't have a selector, you will only be able to choose between full-auto and full-auto!!

You will also have a totally uncontrollable,inaccurate,ammo eating, dangerous,pistol.Along with a very good chance of getting free lodgings in the crossbar hotel for ten years give or take,along with a VERY friendly roommate,usually called "Bubba". :D

I had the "privilidge" of shooting the Glock 18[select fire] once.It is a solution looking for a problem.By the time you release your finger off the trigger on a std 17 round clip the first shell casing is hitting the floor as the last round is fired.As the glocks are short there is really no way to mount a fwd grip on the gun to give it some control[possibly the Glock 17L"longslide version"],and a shoulder stock would be also quite useful.[It suffers from the same problem as the old Mauser broomhandle "schnellfeuer" pistol.By the time you have emptied the clip your barrel is pointing vertical,and possibly five of your twenty rounds are somwhere in the target].
    However at this stage,you have a compact SMG,so you might as well get a mini UZI a Mac 10 or a HK PDW
    and have a weapon more suited to putting large amounts of lead downrange in a more efficent and somwhat controllable package.
    Fun,but really no practical use.

Great post LongSlide!!

You're right about a full-auto selector, but have a look at the link below anyway.

The guy in it has a different model of selector on the rear slide cover but it works the same.

I think you can get a plastic stock for a Glock but God alone knows what you'd want it for!

http://www.redcircus.com/autoglock.wmv

You can get a few different stocks all right for the Glock.One even works for holding your large lensed camera.[About the best use for it.]
    Although it seems like reinventing the wheel.Seems to be a gun makers recurring theme once every 100 years or so.Turn a pistol into a sub compact smg/carbine/pistol thingy.Fine 100 years ago when the only efficent way of delivering large amounts of ammo down range was the first gen autoloader pistols.Logical to try and develop a carbine type weapon on their systems.However now when you have a plethora of sub compact SMGs ,PDWs,and short carbines firing assault rifle ammo.Plus the amount of time ,training and ammo it takes to train somone to hold onto those things in FA.
    The stocked pistol is a dinosaur IMO.Maybe they have use in a country where pistols are illegal and you want to keep it as a "carbine".[Glock even has a 16in barrel for sale]
    Or you have a disability which precludes you using a pistol in a normal stance or grip.[As why Kaiser Whillhelm used a stocked Luger carbine for hunting due to his deformed left arm].A fun toy and a valuable antique whose time has now long passed.

Forgot to mention, I can also supply original Glock magasines for all models, prices on request.
    Plus any other stock part, should you break anything!

bump

Advertisement