Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banjo Threeie

Options
  • 18-04-2005 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

its lookin like its gonna happen. microsoft and rare registered the website name earlier this week. atm it only links straight to rares official site but theres a good chance it may appear at e3.

www.banjothreeie.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't say I'm that bothered really. Even when they were at the height of their powers, only a couple of Rare games ever really lived up to the hype surrounding them for me. Now that their best minds have left them, I can't say I have any faith in them producing another great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I lost a lot of my faith in Rare when they sold out, this doesnt hold much interest for me as its an X-Box release and i dont have one... *mumble*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have an xbox and an currently enjoying the loveliness of Banjo Kazooie on the N64 so I'm hoping this will be good as well. But as was pointed out the best people at Rare have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I have an xbox and an currently enjoying the loveliness of Banjo Kazooie on the N64 so I'm hoping this will be good as well. But as was pointed out the best people at Rare have left.
    the question is where have they left for?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most of the Goldeneye team left for Free Radical and a small number to Retros Studies. I'm not sure about the other teams but Rare really is a skeleton of its former self at the moment. The two brothers have left and they were both the main driving force behind Rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

have the stamper brothers left?

Yep, they've been gone a while to my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Banjo Kazooie was brilliant. Banjo Tooie was just more of the same(Im not complaining) Not sure I will be getting this one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stamper bros went when Msft bought them irc, They done nothing fo note since they left Nintendo. Sadly Star Foix Dinocrap was their last game and it sucked.

I have all there N64 platform games and the best one Jet Force gemini was criminally overlooked, by buying public.

kdjac

I have Jet Force Gemini but haven't got round to giving it a good go beyond seeing if it worked. It seemed to run a little slowly. Is it just a dodgy PAL conversion? All the Rare games seem to have good PAL conversions for the N64 (nobody else seemed to bother).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Retro if yours somehow borked i sure we can arrange a loaner swappage type deal :D

Its an amazing game, aim for headshots every time right from the start of the game. Its worth it ;)
    Wouldnt be the same without an N64 pad.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Rare were great on the N64 (even though they really didnt release to many games but the ones they did were class) but ever since they've left nintendo ive preety much seen nothing from them shame as they were really good they should never of left nintendo what fools

there first game for the x box was the most crap i seen in years what was that called again?

Advertisement