Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin wrecks my head because.....

• 18-04-2005 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

...People are in such a rush to get everywhere. Everyone needs to chill the f*** out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Opposite for me. I hate dublin because people stand in doorways, and stop without warning in the middle of the street. People need to stop being so laid back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Dublin doesn't wreck my head at all tbh. Take a chill pill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

...People are in such a rush to get everywhere. Everyone needs to chill the f*** out!

What's the problem - Dublins always been that in comparison to the rest of the country. Put up or ship out. Galway is chilled go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Its just people seem very wrapped up in their own worlds up here. Im from Galway, so I suppose im just used to things being a bit more chilled. Ya dont get as much banter up here from joe-soap on the street and its like people are scared of eye-contact..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Everyone does seem to always be in a rush alright....but then when you're in a rush everyone seems to be stopping and talking to eachother and generally being damn annoying.

I do agree people need to chill a bit alright but compared to London or wherever it's very laid back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Ya compared to London, I should count my lucky stars....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

has anyone been to london lately??
    on my last 2 or 3 visits to london i found the place far more chilled out than Dublin,e.g. got a bus from kent all the way in to central london in the middle of the night ( about 4 am) can quite safely say that i hardly seen a soul on the streets at this time of night.Compare this to the omnipresent drunks on evry juction in dublin ???
    (maybe london has calmed down since the mid 90's or maybe Dublin has caught up or perhaps londoners are not afraid to get on the night busses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

glad i haven't been to london lately, lord know's what one would stand in:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005173069,,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Kingsize wrote:
    has anyone been to london lately??
    on my last 2 or 3 visits to london i found the place far more chilled out than Dublin,e.g. got a bus from kent all the way in to central london in the middle of the night ( about 4 am) can quite safely say that i hardly seen a soul on the streets at this time of night.Compare this to the omnipresent drunks on evry juction in dublin ???
    (maybe london has calmed down since the mid 90's or maybe Dublin has caught up or perhaps londoners are not afraid to get on the night busses)

So! That's like getting a early bus from Kildare to Dublin it not London as such. Dublin stays open a lot later than London. And to compare Dublin with London you need to compare rush hour from the general conversation being made. Lived in London and I can tell you Dublin isn't even vaguely close to level of stress and aggression.
    Dublin is pretty chilled out for a capital city. If anybody gets in the way when people are commuting they will get annoyed and bothered. What you need to learn is to stay out of the way or go with the flow. If it really bothers you leave or learn to avoid the stress times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

rugbug86 wrote:
    glad i haven't been to london lately, lord know's what one would stand in:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005173069,,00.html

That's a false article. Thank you Sun and your trash reporting. She had to stop and squat alright during the race but she never actually went to the toilet, despite the Sun article "implying" it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

except that she did, and she did apoligise to the nation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/4454315.stm

an apology will be accepted here, no need to send a card :D

Advertisement