Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicator probs

Options
  • 18-04-2005 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

I've an 03 Octavia which is having some weird indicator problems.

Lately they've started acting up. When I move the indicator arm, they'll flash for a couple of seconds normally and then stop completely (i.e. lights stop flashing and icon on dash stops flashing).
    I thought maybe it was the fuse, but as they're still working intermittently it couldn't be that could it.
    I thought of checking the bulbs but surely they dash would still show they were on even if the bulb wasn't flashing

I rang the dealer and they'll have a look at it for €110 (it only had a service with them in November).

Anyone got any ideas ??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Santa drives a Skoda? I'm disappointed, somehow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Should it not be covered by the warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Self cancelling indicators??? But this sounds like a warranty issue to me. If the dealer won't play ball get onto the main office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

its more than likely the indicator relay. if ur hazard light switch is dash mounted then its on the back of the hazard switch. just need to get a new one bout 25 + vat. not familiar with skodas but thats very common problem with vw and audis. most dealers would have them in stock. never fitted one but they don't look that hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

correct me if i am wrong, but is the Octavia based very closely on the Passat?. Have heard that the instrument console gives problems after a few years and usualy needs replacing. Maybe a bit of research on finding out if the same parts are used in both cars, and if so a read of a Passat forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I've an 03 Octavia which is having some weird indicator problems.

Anyone got any ideas ??

Have you checked your owners manual? The last few new European cars I drove had self cancelling indicators - you push the arm halfway and they flash three times and stop. My bet is it is supposed to do that and no-one told you at the dealers.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My Focus C-Max does that if you just flick the indicator stalk briefly and then immediately release it. If you hold it there (but don't let it click into position) for a slightly longer time, it reverts to "normal" mode, i.e. it indicates until you release it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My Audi A4 does the same

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement