Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

String Quartet Tribute To...

Options
  • 18-04-2005 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭

(Hope i posted this in the right place)

Just wondering has anybody else heard of Todd Mark Rubenstein and his string quartet who play covers of a load of famous bands and not so famous bands stretching from Rush, REM, Coldplay all the way to Ac/Dc, Switchfoot and Audioslave and even The Beatles.

Worth Every Penny / Second of Downloading

They may be in the same vein as Apocalyptica but id have to say that some of their versions outstrip the originals.

Response?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I got a copy of the OK Computer one from a friend a while back. Its very good also quite interesting to hear the songs from a different perspective, especially with no electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I have the Jeff Buckley one, its quite good. Not sure if its by the guy you've mentioned though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've heard the string quartet tribute to Tool.. dunno i fit's the same crowd though

rocked all the same

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I have the evanescence and linkin park ones... not bad... ever hear of Moog Cookbook, they do pretty weird covers too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I have the evanescence and linkin park ones... not bad... ever hear of Moog Cookbook, they do pretty weird covers too
    Ive always had a soft spot for covers, i guess a new twist on a song is almost always good in my book... ill look into them

EDIT: What the hell, its like electro funk mixed with Sonic the Hedgehog music... nice though

• Advertisement
Advertisement