Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting unbanned from boards formerly moderated by dahamsta

Options
  • 18-04-2005 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

Following my discovery that I’d somehow been banned from the Cork City board despite never having posted there, on a hunch I took a look at the Windows board, only to find that I’d been pre-emptively banned there as well.

I would ask that the bans on boards formerly (and presently, although I don’t think he has any) moderated by dahamsta are removed, unless he can give good reason for these bans. Otherwise an explanation would be interesting.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hey I got banned from games by amp for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That would be surprising considering this...
    dazberry wrote:
    Dahamsta, just ban The Corinthian from South and Windows. Bit of tit for tat banning

ModWars - "Dahamsta Strikes Back"

D.
    dahamsta wrote:
    [Dazberry, I thought of that earlier, but I'm not going to sink to that level. I'm serious here, I think this ban is totally uncalled for and I've genuinely had enough of TC's handling of the hosting board. My alternative is to just not visit there, but why the hell should I have to do that?]

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Naughty adam. You've been removed from the banned list on windows, along with your doppelganger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Stemmed from a later outstanding abuse of power by Corinthian, when he inserted a smart comment into a post of mine and then moved it to Web Hosting, where I obviously couldn't edit it out. I asked DeVore to deal with it but my PM went ignored, which was the straw that broke the camel's back and led to my decision to quit as a mod. I banned Corinthian on the way out. Childish I guess, but if the rules aren't going to be applied across the board, why should I give a f*ck?

EDIT: I've taken the "chummy", uh, accusation out. It appears I haven't been paying attention.

adam

No, your in the wrong, completely, personally I feel you should be banned for your actions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

has dahamsta been demoted

No, and your signature is too fecking big;

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Boston wrote:
    No, your in the wrong, completely, personally I feel you should be banned for your actions.

I think you should declare a conflict of interest here: dahamsta did ban you for your actions:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=550406&postcount=29

Personally, I think he did a standup job then, in his defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

has dahamsta been demoted
    Hey just said he retired.But that was ages ago?
    Love the last dig *chuckle* sur an admin can fix it in two mins .

Still very funny. "Mod Wars" *chuckle* *chuckle*

zenith wrote:
    I think you should declare a conflict of interest here: dahamsta did ban you for your actions:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=550406&postcount=29

Personally, I think he did a standup job then, in his defence.

That was two years ago mate, you really think I could give a fuk. He abused his position and banned a guy for his own personal vengence. People have been banned from this site for far less. This type of behaviour is the type of thing we rip the piss out of newbies for suggesting happens, and now one of the longest standing members of the community has behaved in this fashion. It's just not on.

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:
    No, and your signature is too fecking big;
    its about a half an inch bigger than yours?????, maybe your sig is too small

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Your sig is too big.

its .4 of a cm bigger than yours???????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I can't see his sig, but I think it's too big too.

I can only imagine how you measure things if that's your perception of the size dfference between our signatures. I foresee a lot of very disappointed women in your future.

Sig. rules for text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size. Maximum of 90 characters per line and a font size greater than 2 is not allowed.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Perhaps you should invest in a ruler as the one which has been passed down from generation to generation in your family appears to be out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Infinitely bigger than mine. Apart from being too big (and it is), the carets, tildes and octothorpes (and so on) in the top part are just plain annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Signature Police? :rolleyes:

Infini wrote:
    What? Run out of gathering cards poppet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Boston wrote:
    Hey I got banned from games by amp for no reason.

There's a perfectly good reason: I like reading the Games forum. I hope this clarifies the situation. You were banned from Boards Events repeatedly for personal abuse and finally banned for life. For the rest of the many forums you've been banned from I couldn't tell you, but I can guess.

By all means keep trying to paint this picture of yourself as a martyre but I don't think anybody really cares. I certainly don't. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

dahamsta wrote:
    I banned Corinthian on the way out. Childish I guess, but if the rules aren't going to be applied across the board, why should I give a f*ck?
    Story of your life, TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Amz wrote:
    I can only imagine how you measure things if that's your perception of the size dfference between our signatures. I foresee a lot of very disappointed women in your future.

Sig. rules for text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size. Maximum of 90 characters per line and a font size greater than 2 is not allowed.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Perhaps you should invest in a ruler as the one which has been passed down from generation to generation in your family appears to be out of date.

how convienient you quoted the one rule he breaks but dont quote the two you break
    All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images.
    For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

:)

2 broken rules?

In my 2 odd years on boards I've never seen anyone take issue with sigs containing the symbols for a private forum before. I'm sure if my sig were a problem for the admins and other boards users someone would have pointed it out to me and the countless other users who have similar sigs, and asked us to remove them, or edit them appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Infini wrote:
    Not me as a rule - I wouldn't have said anything except the guy is being such a whingy airhead about it. I did notice a while back though and decided that a forum proposal from someone with such poor decoration skills probably wasn't worth my time. Content may be king but if presentation skills are rubbish I won't bother to stay sitting.

Anyway, I like the sig police. They've stopped my tearing my eyes out on occasion and if they do their job I don't have to care.

Take a ticket, sit your ass on a cold seat, someone will see you when someone is available.

amp wrote:
    There's a perfectly good reason: I like reading the Games forum. I hope this clarifies the situation. You were banned from Boards Events repeatedly for personal abuse and finally banned for life. For the rest of the many forums you've been banned from I couldn't tell you, but I can guess.

By all means keep trying to paint this picture of yourself as a martyre but I don't think anybody really cares. I certainly don't. :)

I was banned once by you for no reason, you where bitch slapped for it and the ban lifted within a day. Hardly repeatedly. If i do recall it was me asking was spy bar a gay bar that got me banned. Some pent up issues there,no? The other ban was deserved but was never a permenents ban.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Amz wrote:

'cause he underestimates drastically? Curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Looks like the point has been made, and the bans lifted. I'll close the thread so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement