Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Death!!

• 18-04-2005 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Need some info on Eircom's netopia router, Mine had a bit of an accident the other night where it cracked straight down the middle ( mostly due to my weight) , Reluctant to phone Eircom's joke of a support line for fear of being completly cut of to the world. Considering picking up another dsl router ( brand unknown yet..) but I am worried about signal pickup, Is their software/firmware in netopia routers that is proprietary to Eircom's signal??? Or am I good to just hook up and go???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

ive used other routers on eircom no problem, just be sure to get all the config setting off www.eircom.net you'll need them to set up the router think its under tech support.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Many Thanks!!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I can sell u a new one for €20 if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Is that still for sale TCP/IP and if so which one exactly is it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

;)

• Advertisement

It is still for sale it is the standard DSL modem that Eircom supplied not the wireless model but is works perfectly it is even fully packaged in its orginal box

Will pm you :) , this isn't off thread dealing is it ? ,

PM away sold to Jonski

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Happy to help! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Zooie wrote:
    Need some info on Eircom's netopia router, Mine had a bit of an accident the other night where it cracked straight down the middle ( mostly due to my weight)

What were you doing ? Sitting on the thing ?

• Advertisement

Happy to help! :D

Thanks again Richard .

Advertisement