Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publishing

Options
  • 18-04-2005 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

somewhere in the near future I'd like to try publish a book of my poetry but I have to build up the collection first. I've no idea how I would go about this so does anyone have any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

As far as I know, You just send as much of your work to as many publishers as possible, and cross your fingers!

An agent could help with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 josephiny

I used to work in a publishing company and I don't want to dishearten you but we never really accepted books by anyone without a reputation. I would therefore suggest you try to get some poems published in magazines first.

And remember that honest publishers will never ask for money to publish something.

Getting an agent is good advice.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

okily dokily.
    I probably wony even do it I just got the thought in my head one day!
    well thanx anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lucy in the Sky

Another way to get your name known (or just for experience to show publishers) is poetry competitions. There are tons of them every year. Some of the current ones are on www.askaboutwriting.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

You could do a Pat Ingoldsby and publish your poems yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement