Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivium

Options
  • 18-04-2005 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen & heard these guy's new song, Pull Harder On The Strings Of My Martyr? It's doing the rounds on TV I believe and it looks pretty promising, given that these guys are roughly 18, or so I'm lead to believe. Could be a band to keep an eye on in the future imho.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭drummer2290

yea man there klass!!!!!the riffs thay have a so kool!you should get there album!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Yeah I've heard them. I'm looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest in the States during the summer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I heard saw their song "like light to flies" on kerrang loads of times, really good band, a lot of potential. The lead singer is 18 and hes half japanese.. The guitarists solo in the middle of the song is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I saw Like Light To Flies on a Metal Hammer dvd a while back. The first minute and a half of the song was amazing, excellent riffing and briliantly nasty vocals. But then, just as i feared, a stereotypically emo thing occured; a melodic breakdown. I just went "nooooooo!!! not another one". Then i proceeded to play Gutworm. Woo!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I saw Like Light To Flies on a Metal Hammer dvd a while back. The first minute and a half of the song was amazing, excellent riffing and briliantly nasty vocals. But then, just as i feared, a stereotypically emo thing occured; a melodic breakdown. I just went "nooooooo!!! not another one".
    That basically summed up what I was going to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

i fooking love trivium, im off to go see them nxt month in leeds should be ace xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

A welcome change from all the run of the mill bands that have been getting airtime on music channels but a lot of the riffs are very been-done-before and the clean vocals aren't great. Solos are cool but there are 100 other bands that I'd prefer to see rather than Trivium

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah they're very good, and it's just the singer that's 18 (fyi :p)

i know i couldnt believe he was only eighteen xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

They're excellent, though the emo touches do them no favours.

• Advertisement

i read in metal hammer that they are just a general metal band not emo, although i have to dissagree i dont think there are any emo touches :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Funeral Forever is the most Emo name ever. :p

dont think there are any emo touches :)
    Are you being serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

have like light to flies & Pull Harder On The Strings Of My Martyr on mp3, great stuff!
    finally had a listen to the full album though today, i like it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

both there albums are above average but the new one . . . is pretty amazing

Are you being serious?

**** u really dont know wen im NOT being serious do u? hahaha x

bombidol wrote:
    Funeral Forever is the most Emo name ever. :p

actually, i dont really like emo there are like 2 emo songs i like and thats it! so **** u hahaha x

Apologies. Didnt see the :) part

Apologies. Didnt see the :) part

no probs hunny x

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

look there not emo at all end of story,
    They are however a very good metal band.

• Advertisement

hehe x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

They have emo tuches, but they're a metal band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

the fact is there a metal band with a splice of emo which just wrecks the entire song in some ocasions.pull harder is one great song though and there all fu(king unbelieveable musicians but then again so are most emo bands.o yea and another thing funeral for a freind used to be metal untill the metalhead guitarist got kicked out because some other dude paid to get in the band or so ive heard,loads o people dont know that one though...well either that or im wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Ah bless Chessington, I thinks ya has an admirer!
    Also wha's with the whole he's only 18 thang? Children Of Bodom (unless I'm mistaken) were all round that age when they recorded Hatebreeder. Another example is Silverchair (not metal, but hey) who won a national competition in Aussieland at the tender age of 15 and went on to record frogstomp when they were 16.

Advertisement