Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart and Direct debits

• 18-04-2005 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi all,

just a quick question. Anyone who applied for smart and sent in DD's, did you all get acknowledgement from them that they recieved it or am I to presume that i will hear from them when they are ready to go live.

Rgds
    scary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I don't think as a rule they give any confirmation of receiving it untill they contact you to arrange installation..try e-mailing Grace at <gosullivan@smarttelecom.ie> They sent me an email confirming receipt of it no prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Narcom

Hi Scary.

I rang a couple of times to find out the status of my order and to confirm that they'd received my DD application as I'd heard something about them going missing. Eventually I was told everything was fine.

Then they sent me my modem/router and asked me to complete my... Direct Debit instruction again.

Rang again a few days later to confirm that they had it, was told to use email to check as cust service and broadband sales couldn't say.

Didn't bother but in fairness, exactly 9 days from receipt of my modem/router, they connected me like they said they would. I'm on the Dolphin's Barn exchange and I had to change my number, but I've no issues to report so far. Haven't tested it in anger but it is running fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Narcom wrote:
    I'm on the Dolphin's Barn exchange and I had to change my number, but I've no issues to report so far. Haven't tested it in anger but it is running fine.

A work colleague was contacted today by Smart and advised that he his line was activated for BB as well (D. Barn exchange).

However, he was told that they had no mail server, and he would have to use a web-based mail client instead of Outlook or other POP3 client. Is this the case?

Still nothing happening for me on Summerhill exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Eircoms pop servers are tied to Irish IP's only. Something about Smarts provider makes it look like outside of Ireland, incorrect whois info for the range I think.

Its been worked on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Of course you can use outlook, unless smart are blocking outgoing smtp connections, which i really hope not lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

scary wrote:
    Hi all,

just a quick question. Anyone who applied for smart and sent in DD's, did you all get acknowledgement from them that they recieved it or am I to presume that i will hear from them when they are ready to go live.

Rgds
    scary

I sent in DD but got no response. I emailed asking for confirmation of receipt of DD and they replied by email confirming that they had received it. No news since - Letterkenny exchange not due to switch over until May/June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

8track wrote:
    I sent in DD but got no response. I emailed asking for confirmation of receipt of DD and they replied by email confirming that they had received it. No news since - Letterkenny exchange not due to switch over until May/June.
    Don't expect anything for a while.. They only contact you when the exchange goes live afaik

Advertisement