Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else having DL probs from Microsoft.com on BT BB+

• 18-04-2005 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

just downloading a 12.2 MB file from Microsoft.com and my speed is 1.2kb/s
    Now my speed is 2mbit and the speed is fine else where, so is this microsoft's problem or is iolbb slow to the US or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I had the same problem earlier tryin to download the anti-spyware.
    I had to cancel it - too slow...

Dunno why this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Me too!!

Tried to download a game demo from Microsoft.com and was getting something like 19KB/sec ..aborted and went to Download.com and was getting an average speed of 70KB/sec.

Strange huh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Sparky_S wrote:
    just downloading a 12.2 MB file from Microsoft.com and my speed is 1.2kb/s
    Now my speed is 2mbit and the speed is fine else where, so is this microsoft's problem or is iolbb slow to the US or something?

Microsoft released a huge number of patches over the last few days including a major update to windows server 2003 so that probably accounts for downloads from ms being slow lately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I've had trouble too. Speeds below 9kb/s. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

was getting MSN and was getting 2-4K :( tried 5 times and on fifth attempt i got 130K :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

microsoft only have 35% bandwidth available at the moment for general downloading from their servers.

Downloads for the 2k3 server platform are ranging between 200megs to 900megs (datacenter edition). They were looking at a full worldwide deployment compleetion by the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭sillild

Blitz wrote:
    microsoft only have 35% bandwidth available at the moment for general downloading from their servers.

Downloads for the 2k3 server platform are ranging between 200megs to 900megs (datacenter edition). They were looking at a full worldwide deployment compleetion by the end of the month.

BEWARE OF MICROSOFT THEY KNOW WE EXIST

Advertisement