Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

help - Creating a vanish sequence

• 18-04-2005 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've got 2 people in a shot and I want one to disappear. I'm using a track matte key effect to a jpeg which is split into 2 parts - black left side and white the otherside. I've got a third clip which is a shot of the background without the people and is also keyed to the jpeg. The People clip is keyed to appear in the reverse transparent side of the clip (left side). The background shot appears on the other side (right side) thus blanking out the person on the righthand side. The Problem is that there is a visible line down the middle of the final clip which shows that the 2 clips are patched together.
    Anyone got a suggestion on a better technique to use? - I'm using premier elements at the moment until I get my hands on a pro package,
    reece

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Frame the shot, get the two people into position. When you want the person to disappear, get the other person to freeze, then get the first person to leave the frame, once he's clear, get the now frozen person to move again. Edit together. You'll need to make sure the lighting is decent/coming from the right direction, or you'll get shadow changes....

It's the FÚCKING ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!!!!111111 one one one.

Probably better ways of doing it, but unless it's for LOTR I wouldn't bother.

The line you are seeing is the blanking element of the Television picture. You should be able to tweak it, if you want to do it that way. You seem to have done it an very confusing way.

Fancy sending me the video? I'd like to have a go.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

thought of that but I remember seeing a wedding video where the bride disappeared (not having stepped out of the shot ) we all crapped ourselves laughing when we saw it. I'm just messing about trying to re-create it at the moment - I'll try it with an outdoor shot at the weekend to see if it was a problem with the lighting

Gwan, upload the stuff you've been working with. I want a go!

John

i'd have to obscure my girlfriends face or she'd kill me - and funnily enough spent 2 hours rotoscoping to make a fimstrip matte just for that task, and the damn thing didn't work :)

Why not use the mosaic effect. Should be in the effect bin somewhere.

John

• Advertisement

I was trying to just fast blur the face (hope the girlfriend aint reading..)
    with a circle matte but the premier elements doesn't supply a travelling matte effect. Never thought about obsuring the whole scene. Watch this space !!!!!!!!!!

Eh What?!?!? You seem to be addicted to Matte effects.

The Mosaic or BLur effect should let you keyframe the effect.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

Just shoot the 2 subjects doing the scene on their own (and they should pretend the other guy is there) and then mask off the bits from each shoot you don't need. Add them together, and voila - just keep the camera on a tripod.

Advertisement