Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thieving Scum

Options
  • 18-04-2005 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I parked my car on Fenian St. on Saturday afternoon, I was only going to be there for about 10 minutes so didn't take my face off my stereo, a very nice Pioneer P7400MP. When I came out my mother said leave the car there and we could just walk to town rather than drive the short distance. I didn't think to take the face off. On our return an hour later I noticed a guy looking in and a women on the phone, she was calling the cops. I saw the glass and knew straight away the stereo was gone. I opened the boot to check and the sub was still there as were my work tools. They didn.t even take the remote off the steering wheel. To top it off they just yankef it out, tearing some of the cables and also doing damge to my phone kit. I was so pissed off. At least my window was covered by my insurance. Now I have to fork out for a new stereo. I went to safe sounds today to price a few. The replacement for my model is €449, a stagering price considering I bought my stereo in Andorra for €300 when they were €600 here. I did a quick search online and found a place called incarexpress.co.uk that do the same one for £200, about €300. That's a huge difference in price. Has anyone ordered from them? Does anyone know any other places online that have good price and service? Will I have much trouble getting someone to fit it? I guy I work with said he could do it but I think I might need a professional installer to do it as some leads need to be replaced and the car kit needs to be fixed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sorry to hear about the bad luck! I have a 7400MP also and would be extremely pissed off if some thieving scum stole it.

Anyway, I've ordered from incarexpress before and no problems. I think a few on boards have used them with no real problems.

You could also try www.besecure2000.com it's an Irish site if you want to keep your custom within the country.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Incarexpress are great, keeping your custom inside the country is all well and good, but personally I'm not prepared to pay an extra €200-€300 for the privilage! Besecure are good but very expesive... compare the prices on both site, it would make you want to set up your own shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Firstly, I'd never buy *any* car-audio stuff in this country. A complete rip off.

Always buy mail-order from the UK if possible. Check out back pages in the ads in any of the UK Car audio-mags available in Easons.

There's tons of places around Dublin who will fit your gear for around €100. There's a fairly good place on the Red Cow road that fitted my last 2 Pioneer Head units...can't remember the name, sorry.

As far as I know you could also buy from the states/Canada as they use the same 12 Volt system for car-electronics....but I could be totally wrong on this.

Try avoiding installers who are out on their own doing a nixer unless they come highly recommened to you by someone you know personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

if they took unit only, they will need cables for it.

The only place you can get cables will be AV imports(off nass road) as all dealers get cableas there, we are talking about the plug which goes to the unit.

ring them and give them serial numbers anyway

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

this was robbed as the scubmag knew (s)he could sell it.
    Where sells stolen products/who buys it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

did you try Car Sounds & Security?
    www.carsounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Zascar wrote:
    Incarexpress are great, keeping your custom inside the country is all well and good, but personally I'm not prepared to pay an extra €200-€300 for the privilage! Besecure are good but very expesive... compare the prices on both site, it would make you want to set up your own shop!

Completely agree - very prompt delivery too. I saved 80e on a sony cd/radio through them. Definitely recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ordered a Pioneer from www.pixmania.com 2 weeks ago.
    Very good prices and overnight DHL shipping (from France!) was just €13 and it arrived as promised without any problems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I'm just after getting an Alpine system from incarexpress and the service and delivery were excellent. They also gave me help on the installation and I did it all myself. Very helpful staff. The price is slightly less than pixmania too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Give some scrote in ******* 50quid (like everyone else) and you'll have a Pioneer P7400MP that evening, no questions asked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Thanks for the replies. 528i, I wouldn't buy a stolen stereo under any circumstances. I didn't like it happening to me so I won't play any part of the process. I feel that way about any stolen goods. Someone mentioned Canada, that could be an option as my folks are heading there in a couple of weeks. I figure they probably have the same radio step frequency as the states, but that doesn't bother me as I rarely listen to the radio anyway. Ratchet, would that really help? I presume they could just order the leads without having to give details of the stereo. I know a guy who works for safe sounds so I will probably pay him to install it for me. Cheers for the help guys.

528i wrote:
    Give some scrote in ******* 50quid (like everyone else) and you'll have a Pioneer P7400MP that evening, no questions asked.

i would definitely do that and point them to your German boat,

maybe not, you still have cassette player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Anyone want to buy a Pioneer radio?

just kidding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

definitely do that and point them to your German boat

sta'way from my yacht ya langer :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I've used In Car Express a few times and found them to be excellent. Currently awaiting a Pioneer 4700MP HU from them, with steering wheel controls. Due by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I bought my last stero from www.caraudiocentre.co.uk good prices!! They have the Pioneer 4700MP for £109(sterling)

Cheers FuzzyWuzza. Mine was the 7400 though, not the 4700. The newer version of mine is the 7700 and I'm going to go for that. I need a stereo with a direct sub output so I think I'll go for the new version of my old one. I was thinking maybe I could get it installed somewhere hidden and put my old ****ty tape one back in the old slot as a decoy. But I'd never get around to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Did you try pixmania.com? I got my pioneer off them and was cheap and very good service!!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

FX Meister wrote:
    Cheers FuzzyWuzza. Mine was the 7400 though, not the 4700. The newer version of mine is the 7700 .
    oh yeah, sorry about that, they have the 7700 for £179.99. If you are looking for security, some of the alpine range have a 'facia' which just looks like a cheap radio, what you turn it on the facia flips down revealing your spanky new boom box. I wen't for a 'camelion' type from sony, has a flat flursenet dispaly which flips open for access to the controlls, but when powered off it closes and turns off, all you see it a black 'screen'. Keeps prying eyes off.

• Advertisement

I checked a place in Germany where I bought some photo equipment and they have it so I'm getting it there for €215, quite a bit cheaper than €450 here in Ireland. I figure I can fit it myself and hopefully fix the phone kit easily enough.

Advertisement