Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrubs (Sitcom episode)

• 18-04-2005 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Another cracker of an episode. Without doubt some of the best writers for TV.

Sarah Chalke was pretty hot too :)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I absolutely love it, I think its the best thing on TV. So many brilliant charactors and one liners...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I love it. every week i watch it and love it. However...Was I the only one that thought the sitcom fantasy went on too long...? (Apart from elliot in those particular scrubs...yum...yum)

Couldn't wait for that bit to finish, but other than that, quality episode.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

the sitcom bit wasn't very funny, I know that was the point but it's hard to laugh at bad jokes just because they're bad on purpose. Saying that the idea was brilliant, so was the execution... and another cracker of an ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

.Was I the only one that thought the sitcom fantasy went on too long...?

No, I think it went on too long too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw that a couple of weeks back - have always been a massive Scrubs fan but that episode was particularly over-hyped by US viewers.

But the next 2 or 3 episodes you've due are crackers! Especially 'My Best Laid Plan' in 2 weeks time. A Zach Braff directed episode and probably my favourite of the almost finished 4th season! :(

We discussed how good it was here a couple of weeks back. Best not to read spoiler tags, as i ruin all the best jokes!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=231269

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Probably the best show on tv at the moment.Thought the concept for last nights episode was great. I heard that Zach Braff is directing some other show or film at the moment. Can anybody confirm this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

seabee wrote:
    I heard that Zach Braff is directing some other show or film at the moment. Can anybody confirm this?
    You mean 'Garden State'? Brillant film... just look at the Film board for opinions on it.

Been out in Irish cinemas for a week or two and will be on DVD in a week or two.

Definantly check it out... one of my favourite's of last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yes the sitcom sequence went on for too long.

But I think it proved that Scrubs would not work with Canned laughter as discussed before on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think they messed up what was potentially a good idea.

I feel it fell short for a number of reasons:
    1) The sequence wasn't actually funny ... even on an ironic level.
    2) It didn't ever achieve the 'look' of a staged sitcom. The camera was framed wrongly and there was all these close-up 'portrait' shots stuck in there that you just wouldn't get into a regular canned laughter type effort. And what was the deal with all the soft pastel colours for the clothing? I know they were trying to get away from the regular show look but they must have thought the audience were too stupid to be able to distinguish what was going on without it. It certainly didn't look like any sitcom I've ever seen anyway!

If they were determined to make an ep featuring this kind of stuff then they should have just gone the whole hog and done a total (or near total ie with regular bookends) episode in that style rather than just jumpin in and out of it for 5-10mins. Felt like a cop out to me. Either that or just make it a typical 5 second throwaway gag. In the end they achieved neither.

I know people here said it went on too long as it was but I think it would have actually worked better if it'd been given more time to develop rahter than just using it as a lame punchline that had to keep explaining and apologising for itself with deliberately flat joke after deliberately flat joke.

I did like the Cheers 'Charles James' reference tho!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

it was a good ep....
    series 4 has problems though, half the episodes had Dr. Molly Clock....

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!! YOU HORRIBLE WASTE OF SPACE! YOU RUINED 9 EPISODES OF A BRILLIANT SHOW, YOU WERE NEVER FUNNY! WHO COULD ACTUALLY LIKE AND ENJOY THIS CHARACTER, AFTER 4 EPISODES I HAD TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL WHENEVER SHE CAME ON!!! BURN!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

Jazzy wrote:
    it was a good ep....
    series 4 has problems though, half the episodes had Dr. Molly Clock....

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!! YOU HORRIBLE WASTE OF SPACE! YOU RUINED 9 EPISODES OF A BRILLIANT SHOW, YOU WERE NEVER FUNNY! WHO COULD ACTUALLY LIKE AND ENJOY THIS CHARACTER, AFTER 4 EPISODES I HAD TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL WHENEVER SHE CAME ON!!! BURN!!

she had lines??? Chrisht, all i ever noticed was her chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

landser wrote:
    she had lines??? Chrisht, all i ever noticed was her chest.
    I thought that was her calling on the show!

also I hate Tara Reid, she sucks as an actress! a maniken(sp?) would do a better job, and she isn't even that hot, also she has the infamous Frankenboobie :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

it was a great ep,the funniest part wasnt even the sitcom part,it was where they were having the arm wrestle and JD lets him girlfriend win but Turk just slams Carla's hand down..."thats what you get for messing with the warrior"!lol laughed my ass off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

went on far too long, they certainly misjudged that bit of the show
    one of the weaker eps i've seen

but i love the show

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I like Molly Clock (or at the very least, her chest).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah what was dr mollys point (que stupid puns) it was the same as micheal j fox's cameo last season, bring in interesting characters (or large breasted one :D ) and then they just dissapear, its quite annoying

anyway i thought the episod was poor (worst this season and probably worst in a few seasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

tvnutz wrote:
    it was a great ep,the funniest part wasnt even the sitcom part,it was where they were having the arm wrestle and JD lets him girlfriend win but Turk just slams Carla's hand down..."thats what you get for messing with the warrior"!lol laughed my ass off.

almost as funny as the snowball throw in Dumb and Dumber

Advertisement