Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless LAN/Broadband

• 18-04-2005 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Folks

any recommendation for good proven "budget-ish" kit for doing a home wireless LAN / with Broadband ? Have IOLBB at the moment - using Zyxel ethernet DSL router. However, my 6 year old is now claiming rights for the PC :rolleyes: so I need to get DSL access for the laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

jolly wrote:
    Folks

any recommendation for good proven "budget-ish" kit for doing a home wireless LAN / with Broadband ? Have IOLBB at the moment - using Zyxel ethernet DSL router. However, my 6 year old is now claiming rights for the PC :rolleyes: so I need to get DSL access for the laptop.

Thanks in advance.
    Have netgear DG834G - bought about year ago. Father got BB recently and I ordered one for him from amazon for I think £70. Same model number as mine his is half the size with all the same features: hub with 4 ports, 801.1g connectivity includes firewall - doddle to setup. Couldn't fault this unit - I can only recommend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Have netgear DG834G - bought about year ago. Father got BB recently and I ordered one for him from amazon for I think £70. Same model number as mine his is half the size with all the same features: hub with 4 ports, 801.1g connectivity includes firewall - doddle to setup. Couldn't fault this unit - I can only recommend!
    Totally agree with ya there man
    ps your inbox is full :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Thanks lads ... presumably you are using a Netgear wireless card for the laptops / other PCs on the LAN ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

No. Me a 3com pcmcia card - old laptop. Dad's laptop is a Sony - Vaio (think) - wireless built-in - whatever that has - don't imagine its netgear somehow... think this kit is fully conformed to 801.1g

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jolly wrote:
    Thanks lads ... presumably you are using a Netgear wireless card for the laptops / other PCs on the LAN ?

The linksys wag54g is also pretty good and argos were doing a wireless card for about 34 euro up to recently in case you dont have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Have netgear DG834G - bought about year ago.

I've got the 108Mps equivalent Netgear wireless router and have no complaints.

Advertisement