Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackadder The Fifth!

• 18-04-2005 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Blackadder is to make a return next year accoding to co-writer Richard Curtis, however unlike previous series Blackadder will remain as the WW1 Captain. Interesting to see if it all proves a horrid mistake.

But for now I'll say

hurrah.jpg

Hurrah!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If it does happen (and I rather hope it doesn't), I do hope he remembers that Blackadder was (amazingly) crap when he didn't have that young fellow from the Eltons on board. I'm not sure that I got a single laugh from the first series and the only reason I have it at all is that I didn't feel like buying the thing singly and couldn't find a box set of the last three seasons only.

Unfortunately Ben's gone soft (see Back and Forth) and is more interested in the West End these days - hence my "I rather hope it doesn't".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

sceptre wrote:
    If it does happen (and I rather hope it doesn't), I do hope he remembers that Blackadder was (amazingly) crap when he didn't have that young fellow from the Eltons on board. I'm not sure that I got a single laugh from the first series and the only reason I have it at all is that I didn't feel like buying the thing singly and couldn't find a box set of the last three seasons only.

Unfortunately Ben's gone soft (see Back and Forth) and is more interested in the West End these days - hence my "I rather hope it doesn't".

I was thinking the exact same thing. Elton's work is dreadful these days, and is more interested into cozying up to Webber n Co than interesting work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

And didn't Blackadder Back and Forth suck all kinds of ass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

corblimey wrote:

So much so that I'd forgotten it existed untill you mentioned it.. Rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I agree about Ben Eltons part in BlackAdder, he was the one who rescued it from being a forgotten curio. The more I think about it the less I want it to return.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

mike65 wrote:
    I agree about Ben Eltons part in BlackAdder, he was the one who rescued it from being a forgotten curio. The more I think about it the less I want it to return.

Mike.

Also I'm uncomfortable remembering that Ben Elton used to be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

It was great but I think its a bad idea to bring it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

corblimey wrote:
    Indeed...it was originally shot to be a film. No one would touch it, even on a 'straight to video' basis. Eventually Sky bought it.

To quote Vic Reeves "they wouldn't let it lie!".

Whole thing should have ended with series 4. The last ever episode was piognant and wrapped it all up nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

mycroft wrote:
    Also I'm uncomfortable remembering that Ben Elton used to be funny.
    I blame Tony Blair. Ben was funny until he started drinking champers around the same time as Tony was reformulating John Smith's Labour Lite for the masses and upper classes. Then it all ended - no more anger, no more comparisons between his fliptop bin and the M25, no more talking frying pans and renactments of disco fun with props of a mars bar, packet of crisps and a wet sponge.

Ben needs to get divorced and have somebody empty his bank account. It'll all be OK then.

Advertisement