Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schumacher vs Alonso

• 18-04-2005 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

everybody keeps saying to me that schumacher hasn't got a hope this year.... am i the only person that noticed the fact that when schumacher retired from bahrain, he was right behind alonso....if he didn't have a problem, he could have quite possibly have won in bahrain....three weeks after the bahrain GP they do it all again in Imola......i reckon schumacher will beat alonso and revive his world championship.

Will Micheal Schumacher beat Alonso to the chequered flag? 15 votes

I can see it happening...
    0%
    Not a chance
    86%
    nanookFIREcelticfcAy Ceegreglo23mad mdellyBlaster99[Deleted User]dinjoLamar[Deleted User]Curran 13 votes
    it's hard to call
    13%
    zodJonny Arson 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Not a chance
    I can't understand why people are discounting him so easily. The guy hasn't won 7 WC from doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

it's hard to call
    The fact is that this season Alonso has a better car than Schumacher and IMO Alonso is fastly becoming a better driver than Schumacher.

Not a chance
    Alonso has the better car alright but Schumey has consistantly won in a car that shouldn't have had a hope of winning. He drives around the car's problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Not a chance
    This is a long season (20 races if im not mistakin)
    So nobody can count out Schuey...like it was said earlier the Ferrari's Schuey drove when he started with them first were like TRUCKS....should have been middle of the grid performance cars but he challenged for the title every year in them! Apart from when he broke his leg! But he would have been champ that season apart from that!

Schuey has been the main MAN since he started in F1...everybody who beat him or challenged him only last 2/3 years and then fell away (Hill, Villeneune and Hakkinen)

Alsono is young and will get his chance and will be the man to beat WHEN Schuey retires....reports on the ITV site (www.itv-f1.com) say that Ferrari have offered Schuey an open contract to race as long as he wants! So he could be around for a few years yet! Which is great news! Love to see him get 10 World Championships - but is unlikely! :rolleyes:

Not a chance
    Not exactly on topic here but I wouldn't rate Hill or JV on thinking about it. They were in what was THE car at the time and even Patrick Head said JV made hard work of winning the championship.

• Advertisement

Not a chance
    Ay Cee wrote:
    Not exactly on topic here but I wouldn't rate Hill or JV on thinking about it. They were in what was THE car at the time and even Patrick Head said JV made hard work of winning the championship.

Totally agree.....Schuey didnt need THE car of the time to win championships!

Look what happened when he did have THE best car in the field....he destroyed them......and at that i dont think the Ferrari was that much better than the rest of the field....just Schuey hocked the SH!T out of it

Love to see the whole grid get 10 laps in a Minardi and see who can do the fastest lap....Schuey by at least 1 second is my bet! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its early days yet and just because Schumacher hasnt produced the goods yet doesnt mean that he's out of the running. Count on him to be top of the pile or in very close attendance by the end of the season. Plenty of races left and he's well experienced, alonso is not by comparison.

Not a chance
    Dempsey wrote:
    Its early days yet and just because Schumacher hasnt produced the goods yet doesnt mean that he's out of the running. Count on him to be top of the pile or in very close attendance by the end of the season. Plenty of races left and he's well experienced, alonso is not by comparison.

Totally agree with my man Dempsey (the man that knows all) :D

Not a chance
    I reckon you could have stuck Alex Yoong in the Williams of 96/ 97 and he would have been WC. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

The fact is that this season Alonso has a better car than Schumacher and IMO Alonso is fastly becoming a better driver than Schumacher.
    No way. Alonso has a car that is far better than Schumacher at the moment. I think this is changing as the season goes on but dunno if it's happening fast enough.

Did you see Alonso on the podium after the Malaysian Grand Prix ? No ?, thats probably becasue he was on his knees after coming close to collapsing.

Now I know his drink thingy failed, but after a race you barely see a bead of sweat on Schumacher, let alone on the brink of fainting ... and that was with a easy win, zero pressure. That told me who the better driver was. That and the 1188 points Schumacher has earned so far of course. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Not a chance
    schumi`s back !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Can't believe ITV took a break with 5 laps to go during that chase. Idiots.

A sporting wave from Schumacher to Alonso there when they'd passed the finish line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

quarryman wrote:
    Can't believe ITV took a break with 5 laps to go during that chase. Idiots.

I know, I never thought that i'd miss RTE's coverage but at least you got to see the whole race with them. It looks great for the rest of the season if Ferrari and McLaren can get a bit more reliable, but with the differance in lap times between Schumacher and the rest you can see him dominating. Also Ferrari have no testing restrictions this year, everyone else has agreed to the restrictions except them, so they could test every day, if they wanted to and have the money, and by the end of the season be uncatchable. But I cant see it being anything but a competative season.

Advertisement