Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texting U.S. Mobiles

Options
  • 18-04-2005 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Guys Ive a problem!
    my boyfriend has moved out to Boston for 6months and its proving really expensive to text his american mobile. Does anyone know of any internet site that will allow you to text american nos. for free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

namaimo wrote:
    Guys Ive a problem!
    my boyfriend has moved out to Boston for 6months and its proving really expensive to text his american mobile. Does anyone know of any internet site that will allow you to text american nos. for free?

Id be interested to find out also !

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

If you're registered with O2, you can do it online for free. O2 give you 250 texts a month, which you can send anywhere in the world. The only 'catch' is that the person won't be able to use 'reply' as the online texting thingy doesn't put a plus in front of the sender's number.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

Ah only thing is im vodafone...stupid vodafone... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Buy an 02 sim card and sign your text messages, he wouldn't be able to use the reply button even if it was your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

.. or just port over to O2 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

I was always txting a friend of mine in america off the O2 site up untill about three months ago coz now they just dont deliver to him which is a balls.He's on cingular over there and was recieving them no problem until just after Christmas :mad:

Advertisement