Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ehrgeiz

Options
  • 18-04-2005 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever play this game, With the characters from FF in it?

I also read somewhere that in the game Kingdom Hearts some FF characters appear?

Anyone know of other games where FF characters appear?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ehrgeiz is a beat em up from squaresoft that is meant to be terrible.

The FF characters appear in Kingdom Hearts. Its a fantastic game and is on the platinum label so is pretty cheap. Don't let the disney characters put you off, its bastard hard. Its more a 3D beat'em up than an RPG. The first two worlds aren't that great but after that it gets a lot better.

I'm not sure but I think some FF characters are in Squares fantastic Tobal No. 2 beat'em up. I'm amazed with all the rpgs square make that they can also make excellent examples of other genres (or used to). Try an track down a copy of Einhander (US or JP only I'm afraid), possibly the best 2Dshmup on the PS1 and more hardcore than a copy of backdoor babes vol. 3 :D

Of interest is that in the excellent PS1 FF Tactics Cloud makes an appearance as a secret character (supposedly during his time in the lifestream).

Some FFX characters appear in FFX-2 a game that has nothing to do with the main FF series. Or so I keep telling myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Ehrgeiz is a beat em up from squaresoft that is meant to be terrible.
    Not a great game, the running on the beach race bit was a nice change though :D
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    Of interest is that in the excellent PS1 FF Tactics Cloud makes an appearance as a secret character (supposedly during his time in the lifestream).
    Yes he does... its a very round-a-bout method but worth it as he's quite powerful... doesnt he have amnesia or something in it... or his name is different, i cant remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

AlcoholicA wrote:
    I also read somewhere that in the game Kingdom Hearts some FF characters appear?

Anyone know of other games where FF characters appear?

Sephiroth is also in it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Infini wrote:
    Sephiroth is also in it as well.

so is tidus and selphie i think it was, if anyone is sure correct me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

grimloch wrote:
    I think Selphie was, saw concept art of her... but im not totally sure on Tidus. Auron is in the new one and Rikku was supposed to make an appearance but ive heard nothing further on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Rhyme wrote:
    I think Selphie was, saw concept art of her... but im not totally sure on Tidus. Auron is in the new one and Rikku was supposed to make an appearance but ive heard nothing further on that.

id be more sure i saw tidus in it than selphie tbh, definitely remember on the back of the box or somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

Selphie, Tidus, Squall, Aeris, Cloud, Wakka, Yuffie and Sephiroth are all in KH. As are some of the more familiar FF monsters like Behemoths and such. You can also fight some of the characters in the Colloseum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

Are the FF characters playable characters in Kingdom Hearts, or NPC's? What exactly do they do in the game? I always found in strange how Squaresoft could mix Disney and FF together!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They are mostly NPCs but some are optional bosses.

The mix of disney and FF is handled very well in the game. Basically There is a world for each Disney Film/TV series/whatever. There is also a FF world.

Any just buy and play the damn game. The story is excellent. You will be very surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

I just might, especially now as I think its on budget. Perfect timing too - college exams coming up, I need something to distract me from all that study I should be doing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

grimloch wrote:

They are but they're shown as kids.

Advertisement