Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallville

• 18-04-2005 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Does anyone think smallville is the most underrated show on TV at the moment..its superman meets-xfiles- meets dawsons creek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Scammo

I think smallville is class i watch it every monday on E4.

The storylines are class u can see Lex turning more evil with every episode that goes by, Clark is finding it harder to keep his secret too!!!!

I heard a rumour that Bruce Wayne(when hes young)makes an appearance either this series or next......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

I have heard that too about bruse wayne, Very good series startrd watchin it on tv (first episode) loved it Just got Sky so started watchin it again

Lovin it!

Glip :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah I think this is still a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

the storyline with the witch though is ruining it though.I know that there was a witch in Supergirl the movie but unless its in the comics I think it is a bad idea.I reckon the Jor el in the cave will turn out not to be clarkes father but one of those baddies from Superman 2.They even have one of the actors who played him voicing Jor El.Dont know about Bruce Wayne but thought having the Flash as a kid was a bit naff. Loise Lane isnt that great looking either you would expect her to be better looking than Lana.All we need know is a minger 2 turn up as Wonder Women!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

It was once loved so much here that Cloud created a Smallville skin and forum for it :)

• Advertisement

Rabies u "Freak" !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

TonyD79 wrote:
    Rabies u "Freak" !!!
    Nah.... past the 500 post mark ages ago. Then became a "No Life". Now elevated to spicy chicken flavoured user ;)

but really it is Cloud that is the freak :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Smallville is now one of the worst shows on TV. this season has been just terrible,such a joke,poor writing and stupid storylines(witches??). i used to like it,i have seasons 1 and 2 on dvd,so its not like im a hater. but ive just watched this shows hit rock bottom,its pathetic. honestly,if you live in the US,what are you going to watch? Smallville or Lost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It would be a great show if it didn't over-rely on "Freak of the week" episodes. It's really great when it delves into the mythos. I like that Chloe now knows about Clark, makes things more interesting.

Did she know about him in the comics?

Ye the witchces storyline and louis lane character are ruining it. May be if there were less freaks but some of them recurring ie they dont get put away after clarke gets them all the time.Like the xfiles it might lose the plot alltogether which would be a pity as it has great potential.Id rather them have done 1 or 2 really good seasons after the 2nd and then have the actor who plays clarke play superman in the new movie.He is acting afterall and wouldnt be a stupid as he sometime seems! and this lana/chloe/louise act is too charlies angles muck for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Stark wrote:
    It would be a great show if it didn't over-rely on "Freak of the week" episodes. It's really great when it delves into the mythos. I like that Chloe now knows about Clark, makes things more interesting.

Did she know about him in the comics?

chloe didnt exist in the comics,she was made up for smallville.

Ahright. She's a nice addition. I like the Lois Lane character too, they're both strong characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Personally I used to love the show (still do to an extent) but it's been getting worse over the last 2 series. The whole witch thing is a joke :(

As for chloe, it's nice that she's found out about Clarke, but what's she gonna do about it? TBH they should have left her killed off from the last series. Getting rid of Pete was a good thing - that was some of the worst acting in the series.

I would enjoy more cameo's though. The flash I DID like. I thought it was a nice touch, though some fanboys might not like it because of the timeline. Personally i'm of the opinion - if you can't give Clarke new powers this episode, then link it to the DC universe somehow so the fans can keep getting their fix of "OMG I KNOW THAT".

Lois IS ugly. Look at the top of her nose. She looks like she got into a boxing match and broke her nose :(. I'm not normally one to comment on looks, but you'd think in a show like that she would sort it out. It could only help if she got it fixed.

The only thing I seem to like about the show now is the fact that the Lex character is panning out so much. The last series where they did the Clarke/Lex fight bit was quite boring though. It was more like a lovers spat than anything else.

Just waiting to see the latest Episode ONYX where apparently Lex splits in 2 and you get to see both sides of his personality. Should be interesting.
    BTW, anyone else think they shouldn't have killed off Alicia? I personally think she was the hottest character EVER in the show (except for Kila? The skinwalker). And since they took away her psycho personality, she would have been a great character to keep for Clarke. Considering that right now instead of a superhero he just seems like a desperate teenager looking for some action. It takes away from his hero like persona. I guess this is what they're aiming for, but they're making him TOO squeeky clean :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Agree with the spoiler bit there, she is hot. That Lex split in 2 ep is not half bad IMO

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I really wish Clarke wasn't such a pussy. He's had hot woman throwing themselves at him and he fights them off. What's that all about. It's not like he has to be faithful to anyone. Totally agree with Icemans spoiler. She was VERY hot. And they seemed to have her semi naked a lot :) I hope Chloe dies. I hate her and she's ugly. Lana needs to get laid. Lex is going to end up in AA. Everytime Clarke visits him he has a glass of whiskey in his hand. Oh, and somebody PLEASE, burn that goddamn barn down. Kill the Kents while they're at it too. Way too googy goody. Also, there's only 3 of them in the house and yet anytime there's food preperation going on there's enough carrots to feed the entire town. Do they breed rabbits on the farm or something??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Is there a Pete character in the comics? I've not read that much Superman, but if he isn't in the comics why didn't they just kill him. I always thought that the purpose of Pete and Chloe was to kill them. And for their deaths to somehow indicate Lex's final step in to evil.
    I also don't think they should have killed Alicia, especially as I now think Clark probably will hook up with Chloe - just before she gets killed. I think that creating a whole host of dead girlfriends for Superman to have in his past is a little bit much.

I suspect they're planning to have another series, a lot of this series is busy setting up a fifth series that was never initially planned. Smallville always had a four season life cycle as it would have to end when Clark graduated. I think that there is very little inclination to develop the characters properly this season as the focus is creating a further 4 years.

The best thing about the series is Lex. That series 3 episode with the Native American weapon that was meant for Clark but would be destroyed if touched by his mortal enemy left some great ideas. I loved how at the end Lex was talking about how pehaps the true motivation of Naman's (Superman's) enemy was not that he was evil but that was to distract Naman to stop him from succumbing to the corrupting influence of his immense power. And that perhaps he was the real hero.

Although next week's episode could be one to miss.
    Lois runs over a dog which turns out to have super powers. It's Krypto the Wonder Dog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I gotta say I don't like it, I watched a little bit of the 1st season, but this season looks like cr*p! The storylines also seem overly far-fetched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think its mildly entertaining...the fact that almost every episode someone new villan arrives that has been effected by the meteor or one of Clarks friends turns evil is a bit silly though...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

This season has been utterly appalling. I'm just after watching "Spirit" (the latest US episode) and words can't express the way I want to slap the writers across the face for destroying great premises and ideas, for making me loathe Lana so much, for making Clark such a selfish a$$hole, for... *calms* Four episodes left. Maybe they can redeem themselves...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

*Angel* wrote:
    The storylines also seem overly far-fetched.

Yeah. Imagine having someone with such powers. Totally unbelievable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

smallville was a great show but i think the new series at the moment isn't great compared to the old stuff?

Is there a Pete character in the comics? I've not read that much Superman, but if he isn't in the comics why didn't they just kill him. I always thought that the purpose of Pete and Chloe was to kill them. And for their deaths to somehow indicate Lex's final step in to evil.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/who/who-intro.php?topic=ross-pete

It doesn't say whether Pete knows Clark's secret like he does in Smallville though.

Lana seemed like a much more interesting character in the comics.

Advertisement