Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some questions about changing to Meteor

Options
  • 18-04-2005 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Well lads,

I'm thinking about changing to Meteor and was wondring if anyone could answer the following questions:

1. What's Meteor coverage like in Sligo? A friend of mine said he was recently down there and his phone was useless.

2. Will there be any bother with me trying to change just the sim with an 02 upgrade phone that I got at Xmas? Will I have to get it unlocked first?

Thanks,

Lemlin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Lemlin wrote:
    1. What's Meteor coverage like in Sligo? A friend of mine said he was recently down there and his phone was useless.
    Although I can't say from experience, Sligo was one of the earlier towns covered by Meteor in the west. From near Mountcharles and past Killybegs, you can get spotty reception of Meteor too, which I think comes from Co Sligo (though am not sure there).
    2. Will there be any bother with me trying to change just the sim with an 02 upgrade phone that I got at Xmas? Will I have to get it unlocked first?
    I don't think you'll have any problems getting the SIM 'converted' (I think Meteor will give you a new SIM with the same number, if you ask) but your phone will need to be unlocked if you change from O2. The phone may still have an 086 number but if it's not O2 and was bought from them, it won't work when you change networks until it's unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thanks for that Byrnefm. Now, anyone know where I can get a phone unlocked in Sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i could be wrong but i think 02 have to give ya the unlocking codes if your changin networks. But i think you wil have to have spent X amount of credit first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

topped up with €127 not including registeration credit to get your NAC ring customer care from a land line with your IMEI *#06# and ask them for your NAC

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Changed earlier today and Meteor seem alot better so far. First time I've gotten full coverage in my house here in Blanchardstown and online options seem better too.

As well as that there's free voicemail and customer service. Makes me feel like I've been ripped off by Esat/02 for the last 4 years or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement