Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom League Weekly

• 19-04-2005 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

TV3 Bosses : OK everybody, we've been making the Eircom League Weekly a terrible spectacle over the past two years, but this week I want everybody involved to make an extra special effort to make it look crap.

Sports Team(ST) : How about we get Trevor Welch to present the show, hes the most boring presenter in world?

TV3 : Good thinking, but Trevor on his own could not make it as shoddy as I want it.

ST : How about getting amatuer cameramen?

TV3 : Now you're talking

ST : Wow this is easy. We could get Harry McCue to do the analysis, sure nobody would understand a word he's saying with his adenoids problem.

TV3 : Brilliant

ST : I think 11.25 is too early for it to be on, we should push back the timeslot 'till a quarter to twelve, lets really make sure nobody is watching it.

TV3 : Give this man a raise

ST : I was thinking that us producers should get drunk on Monday night and see if we can still manage to show the clips in the right order as a sort of test. I'll bet you 10 euro that I won't get the order of clips mixed up.

TV3 : Ill take that bet. Lads this is all gold.

ST : Sir, I think we should tell our reporters on the ground to conduct interviews with managers in the worst places possible.

TV3 : Give me an example

ST : Well sir, instead of doing the post match interviews where the clubs have a designated area, we could do them in cheaper places.

TV3 : You mean out on the pitch

ST : We can do worse than that sir. Thats the norm anyway(laughs out loud). I'm talking backrounds with brick walls covered in moss and rooms that look like a childrens classroom.

TV3 : Excellent. We'll be rid of those cursed rights yet.

New Guy in the Corner : But sir, the ratings have been suprisingly good all along despite our efforts to make it as **** as possible.

TV3 : You're all right kid.(laughs)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

ROFL! :D It was indeed shambolic last night! An absolute disgrace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ha! Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Poor Harry looked very nervous, of course I said to myself when I flicked over, "whats Ian Dowie doing on Eircom league weekly..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

The time slot has me frequently missing the show , and even when I do watch it the programme is appalling , the sooner TV 3 lose out on what evert rights they have to show this programme the better , is rather watch it on TG 4 even if its in Irish .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Nuttzz wrote:
    Poor Harry looked very nervous, of course I said to myself when I flicked over, "whats Ian Dowie doing on Eircom league weekly..."

I know he has shown great "Bouncebackability"

Ill get my coat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Missed it wanted to see Shels 2nd goal again, ah well confined to the never to be seen again bin.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Thank God for video aye? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Thank God for video aye? :)

Whats that? Oh that old thing honestly havent had one since 1998.

kdjac

Advertisement