Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB plus STILL not upgraded......

• 19-04-2005 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi

Sorry if this is already covered but I can't find anything specific on the site.

Anyway I'm a IOLBB plus user but I don’t seem to have been upgraded to the 2mbps package.

I've rebooted and restarted the modem a lot over the pass few weeks with no positive results.

I've ring Esat Bt a few time and was told that the problem was known and they where working on it but I'm getting a little pi*sed off now.

I want to ring them again this morning and was wondering if anyone here had a similar problem and could share their experience/solution/etc.

Cheers

Sorry I should mention I'm in Dublin in Clonshaugh Dublin 17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeh im in the same boat buddy,
    Ive been with iol for over a year now and they have tried to fist me at every chance they could, which is why I canceled my service with them.
    Prolly gonna go for IBB 2mb or maybe eircom

are you on 512 or 1 Mb and need to be pushed to 2Mb?
    Just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

STATS on the ZyXEL show:

Upstream Speed: 128 kbps
    Downstream Speed: 1024 kbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

it's the same with me. they said 2 weeks ago that they did not have a timeframe that it would be solved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NóMur

I'm still waiting on my upgrade from 1meg to 2meg.

I was told on the 5th that they had re-ordered the BB+ package and it would take 10 days. I rang them yesterday and they're looking into my case again. I was due a call back but didn't get any yet! I'll propably give another ring later today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

same here in offaly . i dono im thinking of switching to eircom buisness 3 meg line and 40 gig cap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

I rang customer care again.

After 7 calls it take one customer care rep with a bit of sense to work out that I was never on BB plus. I outlined that I ordered BBplus back in November. Seems that I was never placed on it. As only recently ended my trail (4 months) it seem they never put me on BB plus.

He said to send an email to customer care stating to be upgraded to BB plus and they'll sorted it out.

It's taken 2 weeks to get this answer never mind the fu*k up of not giving me the product I ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

paul i know exactly how you feel, had the very same problem here.

i ordered the broadband plus trial and got it at the end of october, had a 16 gb cap and much better pings than anywone around here on standard iol broadband pack so assumed i would be getting 2mb line, but only got the 1mb line.

i rang up and asked what was going on and they said i was down on the account as being on iol broadband not broadband plus. they could'nt explain why i was physically connected to broadband plus but there account only had me as broadband :-\

was told to send an email to customer care which i did 2 weeks ago got no ply after a week so i rang to find out how long it would be as i was initally told 3-4 days, i was then told that they had recieved my email and that the request was put through but was not going to be done until my next billing month. So i asked if it could be put through any sooner and was told yeah he could put it through on an urgent list and it would be done in about 3-4 days then. eventually then got it sorted and as of friday i have been put onto the 2mb line :)

Not only that now but my limit was reset so i'm well happy with that and downloading like crazy ;) and if that was'nt enough they decided to send me out another broadband modem pack with webcam and Norton internet security.... happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'd be happy with 1meg!

Upstream Speed: 128 kbps
    Downstream Speed: 768 kbps

And I'm paying for plus.
    Time for some phone calls I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭voakesy

how do i check how much ive downloaded with iolbb??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Check the sticky's/search for Moriartys post on BB stats!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

Finally I have been upgraded to 2MB (Sweeeeeet), got a mail yesterday after asking again on Tuesday about it, they said they were still working on it.

Check your routers lads maybe today is the day for you too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NóMur

I'm still not on the 2meg connection yet, after my last phone call to them they said that it should be through in a few days.

The longer I'm still on 1meg the more money they'll owe me, I've been overcharged for 13months and counting so far. I'm just waiting for Smart to go live in my area!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

N&#243 wrote: »
    I'm still not on the 2meg connection yet, after my last phone call to them they said that it should be through in a few days.

The longer I'm still on 1meg the more money they'll owe me, I've been overcharged for 13months and counting so far. I'm just waiting for Smart to go live in my area!

next phone call ill be mentioning the fact that i can switch to eircoms 3meg service easier then it is for them to give me the 2 meg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

i got my 2mb connection today. finally

Advertisement