Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake disks needed for 98 celica

Options
  • 19-04-2005 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

If anyone has or would know of anyone selling front disks for a Toyota Celica 2L 98 import let me know the front passengers disk is worn out the calliper was sticking and has left groove in the disk and has no stopping power anymore and the ABS is only working on the drivers side. If anyone has anything that they think might fit or has upgraded disks please get in touch NCT is only around the corner. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Are these expensive new? I wouldn't mess around with second hand parts for the braking system...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

toyota will sort u out, also see the aftermarket companies catalogues like brembo and zimmerman online, get the part number and order them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Bigalow

not to expensive but I just want disks that will pass the NCT and then I can shell out the cash for a set of proper drilled and grooved disks

DukeDredd wrote:
    Are these expensive new? I wouldn't mess around with second hand parts for the braking system...

U def dont want used discs, total false economy, they are only about 90 euro a pair from brembo.

Bigalow wrote:
    not to expensive but I just want disks that will pass the NCT and then I can shell out the cash for a set of proper drilled and grooved disks

it will take u at least 3 hours to replace the disks, u mite as well buy proper ones to begin with tbh. also cross drilled discs eat brake pads. internally vented ones are fine.

• Advertisement

brembo and zimmerman arent they about €300 ??? Dont have that kind of cash right now

Bigalow wrote:
    brembo and zimmerman arent they about €300 ??? Dont have that kind of cash right now

nope, brembo internally vented discs are 45 euro a disc inc vat. im not sure how much cross drilled brembos are.

to replace the disk all you need to do is take the wheel off undo the two bolts that hold the calliper on when you remove that in 5 mins the disk will slip off put the new one on and screw back in the two bolts and put the wheel back on max of 10 mins per wheel

didnt think they where that cheep !! Ill take a look. Is there anyone in dublin that you know of selling them that has a web page ???

Bigalow wrote:
    didnt think they where that cheep !! Ill take a look. Is there anyone in dublin that you know of selling them that has a web page ???

german swedish, www.gsfcarparts.com, do brembo discs, for numerous cars inc porsches and they are all the same money aroun 45 euro inc vat per disc. zimmerman are the same, i know they dont do toyota parts but if there is a catalogue match to a car that gsf do then u are in luck or else try a good motor factor

• Advertisement

Bigalow wrote:
    to replace the disk all you need to do is take the wheel off undo the two bolts that hold the calliper on when you remove that in 5 mins the disk will slip off put the new one on and screw back in the two bolts and put the wheel back on max of 10 mins per wheel

thats the theory anyway. in practice, the screws holding on the disk will be rusted in, and will have to be drilled out. then the dic will be rusted to the hub , and after thousands of bangs with a hammer wont come off. ask me how i know? had a 92 peug 405 that the above happened to, ended up giving the car to a guy who used a sledge hammer to get them off. also when u push the caliper piston in the brake fluid reservoir overflows eating ur paint, or the abs sensor in the caliper gets damaged as ideally the old fluid behind the caliper should be drained out under a jar of brakefluid to stop air getting in........

ive to head out of the office now but thanks for that info will look into the brembos and see how much they are for the car cheers mate!

no problem let us know if u have any success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AlienFriend

Good TRD site with all the Celica parts you can want. :D

FENSPORT

Cheers for that site got a lot of info and know how from it

dont think brembo make brake discs for the celica so u are stuck with the 250-300 euro ones unfortuanately. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CaptainSparrow

Here's another good site for Celica information and history

http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/

vroom vrooomm!! :D

Advertisement