Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decorating

Options
  • 19-04-2005 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Just painted a 16x16 ft sitting room magnolia but the room feels really cold and bare. any suggestions to remedy this. Thought of putting up a few pictures but feel it might need a bit more than that.

Thanks in advance for any tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

danyosan wrote:
    Just painted a 16x16 ft sitting room magnolia but the room feels really cold and bare. any suggestions to remedy this. Thought of putting up a few pictures but feel it might need a bit more than that.

Thanks in advance for any tips
    Change the colour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Change the colour ;)

Change the colour on one wall - say to a rich dark red. Preferably on the same wall as the fireplace/focal point of the room. Failing that, the wall opposite the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Paint the Ceiling a warm colour or if you want to bring the room in(make look smaller) paint it a darker colour which compliments the magnolia.If you have coving leave it white as to break the colour scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Borzoi wrote:
    Change the colour on one wall - say to a rich dark red. Preferably on the same wall as the fireplace/focal point of the room. Failing that, the wall opposite the window.

Thats a very good tip! I put Orchid white in my sitting room and painted the fireplace wall a darker neutral colour. I got the colour schema from one of the Dulux catalogs (the ones you get free in DIY shops). They have some great ideas in them - also I find if you can nab one of the chaps in the paint shops they can give some great recommendations - even if its a first time for some of them - they have great ideas :)

Advertisement