Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniping Bas***d

Options
  • 19-04-2005 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

User: nava has two referral links in his sig. Normally I couldn't give a monkeys but one of them is for Ebay sniping which is a practice that I personally find abhorrent. Ecksor, I sure, will do the honourable thing and rape this sig won't he :D

Example here.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

excuse my ignorance but what is "sniping" ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sniping is using a program to monitor auctions on Ebay and then leap in 1 second before auction closing with a winning bid. It means that anyone else who was interested in it doesn't have a chance to out-bid you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I thought that was the only way to actually win anything on ebay...

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

ahhh thanks for clearing that up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

RuggieBear wrote:
    Sometimes you can be the sniper, sometimes the sniped.
    Didnt know there was a program for it though. :-\
    I'll have to tell felix hes being replaced........

sniper.jpg

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:

No - the way to win things on Ebay is to proxy bid. These guys don't even do that - they just wait and wait and then pounce.

Besides - the sniping is just the reason I'm posting about it here - it bugs me. The reason it should be changed is that he has two referrals in the sig. As DeV said elsewhere - "we don't make money out of it so why should you?".

And in the Sig Rules it says "no nuisance links" too, so there :p

LOL @ Felix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

my mistake, i didn't realise it was an automated program....that's pretty low alright.

Advertisement