Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Mirage info wanted

Options
  • 19-04-2005 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a picture of a Mitsubishi Mirage. Ive searched the web and got pictures of a lot of different cars.

My impression was that this was a sporty - ish style. I'm thinking of buying one form a friend but I wanna make sure I have the right car in my head. It's a 94 one he is selling. Also what do you think of the car.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Here's the one I bought :)

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=199737

It's a 99 tho... there's more on that site if you do a search

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

From what I know, the Mirage is what was called the Colt over here in Europe.

There is a Jap market only 2dr-coupe model of the Mirage, I assume this is the one you're referring to. Seems to be very popular with the max power brigade - I've always found it looks a bit disproportionate.

mitsubishi-mirage-coupe-004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Mirage was available as a 2 door coup, 3 door hatchback and 4 door saloon. It is based on the Colt/Lancer platform and was orginally only sold in Japan but used examples were imported into Ireland.

It was available in 1.5 or 1.6 MIVEC which is similar to Honda's VTEC system. 3 door hatchback is exactly the same as the Colt sold here. The 4 door saloon and 2 door coupe had the same front as the hatch but the rest of the panels were unique. I think they were called the Asti.

The Lancer used the same underpinings as the Mirage/Colt but had slightly different styling and this was used as the basis for the Evo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

"2dr-coupe model of the Mirage"

This must be the one I'm thinking of. Any chance of trying that picture again ?

Its a lot sportier than the colt version right ?

Thanx

Advertisement